1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Import/export playlist(s) to pendrive

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by ffntal, Jan 21, 2020.

1. ffntal

ffntal New Member

Please allow to make a set of playlists or just songs exportable to a pendrive so that you could play them later in a different computer with Traktor. It could be something simple, similar to the "preparation playlist" (the "export playlist" perhaps?), where you just drop songs that you want to take in a pendrive with you to play them at your friend's place, a club where they have a Traktor setup already or whatever.

The songs from this exported device would be already analized, so no need to actually import them to the target collection. Just show them in the left panel (perhaps under a "devices" section) and allow loading them to the track players.

To me this is a deal breaker and one of the main reasons I am considering moving to Rekordbox or even Serato, since both have this feature (I believe Rekordbox kind of based its success around it). I think it would be a welcome addition for doing B2Bs, switching DJs and club installations.

2. decat_Tf

decat_Tf NI Product Owner

This is possible but without the analyzing. Last week we played like this for 6h straight on a mate's 2012 Macbook Pro there was not one issue while loading and analyzing the tracks on the fly. Choose 'nml' and 'copy tracks to destination' while exporting to the desired drive.

3. ffntal

ffntal New Member

But then when you import that playlist back you will be getting these tracks analyzed and imported to the target library right? If that is the case then that is what I would like to prevent.

In any case your reply was really helpful and just confirms that the functionality is pretty much there already, it would be just a matter of making it more obvious (with a dedicated section perhaps?) and efficient.

4. decat_Tf

decat_Tf NI Product Owner

If by 'target library' you mean the different computer I don't know, didn't check either. When I played on his Traktor I didn't import the playlists. I had all my exported playlists available by going to the external drive in Traktor's explorer. When in your own Traktor the tags are written to the MP3 file your cuepoints are available too.

5. ffntal

ffntal New Member

Gotcha (yep I meant exactly that by "target library"), so you did not need to get your tracks analyzed on the other computer? If they did then I am pretty sure they got added to that computer's library too, which is something I would like not to happen. Just have your tracks analyzed and ready to play in Traktor, then when you leave just remove your pendrive and you are good to go.