Improvements for next release: wish list for feature requests

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by d33psp33d, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Dencheg

Dencheg New Member

Would like to see uniform and logical mousewheel control option for different UI elements (discrete for discrete elements (like waveforms), smooth for smooth ones)

• Like Like x 1
  2. xgman

xgman NI Product Owner

Honestly, I would suggest to stop all further development and work on simply load times. It is excruciatingly slow to load, and then if Kontakt is loaded inside, double that! There has to be a faster way to get this interface to load. I'm on a 10 core imac pro with all ssd's and still it's dreadfully slow per instance.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Benoit Peeters

Benoit Peeters NI Product Owner

LAYERING for christ´s sake!

• Like Like x 2
  4. DAWNLGHT

DAWNLGHT NI Product Owner

I don't know if you realized it, but the Komplete Kontrol 2.1 is already available from Native Access. And let me tell you THEY HAVE FIXED THAT LONG STARTUP TIME!!! (at least for me). Literally running a KK instance in 2 seconds.

5. mattrixx

mattrixx NI Product Owner

Ubn
    Unfortunately, painfully slow as before in my case!

It would be an interesting exercise to see what made your situation improve in the way it did.
    I wish there was some one from NI chiming in on this issue!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  6. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Yep, the UI scaling (or lack thereof) is infuriating. I'm using a 34" ultrawide and it just seems like a waste to be using KK and Maschine in a tiny section of the screen at times. Scrolling along to view a sodding pattern in Maschine sucks.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Jemster

Jemster New Member

Congrats to the developers on the release of Komplete Kontrol 2.1.0. The ability to browse, preview and load individual samples and loops is a great feature, and a welcome addition.

I know it's been said many times before, but I still have my fingers crossed for a resizeable UI in a future version. Specifically, it's the browser panel on the left which does my head in. Unless I collapse most of the panes (such as filters, info, etc), the scrollable list of content is often only a few lines in height.

• Like Like x 5
  8. xgman

xgman NI Product Owner

same here. no change. maybe if you have only a few vst's scanning? who knows. but slow and then to load kontakt inside, even slower. I'd rather give up many features to speed up the loading time.

I may be wrong, but for a long time now the theme of this wish list thread seems to be usability over new features. NI please take note!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  9. metrosuperstar

metrosuperstar NI Product Owner

One of the reasons I bought the S88 was its Smart Play mode. However, this feature is only half-developed, as we still don't see what chords are being output when we are playing with one finger. We have 2 big screens on the S series that are nearly empty in this mode - PLEASE show us what chord is being played! I've presently abandoned this feature in favor of just using the Scaler plugin in my DAW because it's the easiest way for me to see real-time what chords are being played when I press the keys. But it still requires that I launch a DAW session.

Please Native Instruments, give the Smart Play mode some love and show us what chords we are playing! Either on the hardware LCDs or in the KK software - ideally both!

• Like Like x 5
  10. mattrixx

The M32 along with the A series and MKII's need the option for "On-Screen Overlay"...
    I have no idea why it is not included as an option. (hoping it's not something like AVID would do)

.........oh because you "Cannot Resize" the Komplete Kontrol interface without a large Instrument GUI loaded, you can't even see all the categories!!! What is going on?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. van Grieg

van Grieg NI Product Owner

To me, it falls into a bugfix category almost, rather than a wish. It should be there for A and M series, and Maschine Mikro.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mattrixx

.....it is absolutely required and here's an example of why. Because the GUI is not resizable and does not SCROLL, you cannot even see what you're selecting in many instances.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Seedy eyes

Seedy eyes NI Product Owner

I have recently switched from logic (not permanently) to maschine 2. I have become a master at the mk3 and the DAW itself and I see a quite a few improvements that can be made. One of the biggest in my opinion is when I create a pattern I would prefer for the size of the PATTERN to (i) REMAIN THE SIZE I LEFT IT AT LAST. This is a simple programming feature and a really big deal. I hate having to resize every time I select another pattern then go back to another pattern I was working on. PLEASE DO THIS!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. jhorology

jhorology NI Product Owner

I'm really glad audio browser was added in v2.1.0.

In many cases of sample file having a BPM under than 100, loop browser recognizes wrong BPM, it's twice as high(playback is twice as slower). I know it’s difficult programmatically, but many sample files includes correct BPM in own filename, so if filename has an exact divisor value, please use it as BPM.
    Or BPM should be editable in browser.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  15. jhorology

jhorology NI Product Owner

I just found out...

Please stop re-building database automatically. If I launch a Komplete Kontrol while using loop files on DAW (Bitwig, Live), always start re-building database. Things like this never happen on Maschine.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Norbert

Norbert NI Product Owner

Hi,
    I would appreciate to have the possibility to record chords in smart play chord mode to my DAW in full notes and not just in one note.
    At least it would be great to know what chords were played.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Seedy eyes

Seedy eyes NI Product Owner

It would also be good to add some feature with allows for a flam of a chord instead of just a chord where all notes start at the same time. Sort of just character if you can roll a chord in instead of moving midi notes 1 at a time. If there was a way for Maschine to do the second pic automatically.

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 10.37.32 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 10.38.06 AM.png

18. mattnt

mattnt New Member

For the M32: please change default for Ableton Live 10 to map to the 8 macro knobs in instrument rack. (track volume should be shift-enabled)

19. holografique

holografique New Member

Just got an M32, love it (using as my front-center controller on my main desk. Not sure if this has already been asked or requested: would love to see a simple shift+button command to enable key and/or arp latch (hold). This is a very common function that requires quick access under all sorts of playing conditions, whether live or in the studio. Currently it's a little cumbersome to get to it via the ARP page(s).

It would also be nice to see the latch/hold function operate in standalone mode, without the Komplete Kontrol software.

20. Kim Bostroem

Kim Bostroem NI Product Owner

Something I'm urgently missing all the time with almost all preset browsers out there, including KK:

RANDOM PRESET SELECTION or RANDOM SORTING

It's incredibly annoying to have so many potentially awesome presets being buried further down the list. Alphabetical order is pretty useless when it comes to being inspired by browsing through preset matches. Why on earth should presets starting with a number or with an "A" be preferred against presets starting with a "Z"??? I'm amazed why this simple, little feature is not already standard for any preset browser...

• Like Like x 6