1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Is M-Audio Delta 44 compatible with timecodes?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by lukelear bomb, May 11, 2013.

1. lukelear bomb

lukelear bomb New Member

I'm bidding on one of these badboys on eBay as I need an interface for my timecodes, I can see it connects to the pc through a PCI card though and a VGA like lead, will this kind of connection allow me to use timecodes with TS Pro? My mixer is a Stanton M.212 and I have 2 ancient Numark TT 1650's (a budget setup I know). Any info will be appreciated!

2. djivobutnot

djivobutnot NI Product Owner

Not for Traktor (Scratch). But it is usable with another software (Google is your friend)

3. lukelear bomb

lukelear bomb New Member

Cheers man ill have a search. I don't suppose you know of any cheap ~£50 interfaces compatible with scratch pro do ya?

4. djivobutnot

djivobutnot NI Product Owner

That is easily accesessable info, but I will help you again - the only way to use TRAKTOR with timecode is to buy the package. This means - Audio 8, Audio 4, Audio 6 and Audio 10 DJ. These are the only four external sound cards that can do the job. Another way to go is to have a certified mixer - you can find the list on the website.
    Long story short - there aren't any cheap interfaces compatible with Scratch Pro.

5. lukelear bomb

lukelear bomb New Member

Yeah but unfortunately I'm unable to find any under £80 and I'm on a tight budget. I'm in dire need of a mixer upgrade in the near future so I may seek out this list

6. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

So do you have Traktor SCRATCH Pro ? You need the 'Scratch' version to use timecode.

Karlos

7. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

I got my Audio 4 DJ for £50 used, have a look around.

8. lukelear bomb

lukelear bomb New Member

Yep it is Scratch which I have (well the demo at the moment but I plan on buying it when I've got my setup). Ill have to shop around but it seems so rare to come buy this stuff here let alone used :(

9. Karlos Santos

Thanks for clearing that up. You should look around for a used Audio 4,6,8 or 10 and then buy the Timecode Upgrade kit.

The Audio 4 and 8 are discontinued and quite hard to find.

Audio 6 and 10's are less common as they are 'now' only sold as a TSP software/hardware package but they can be found because when they were first introduced they were sold separately. This wasn't for long hence their rarity.

Attached Files:

10. lukelear bomb

lukelear bomb New Member

Thanks for your advice, I ditched the delta and I'm currently bidding on an Audio 4, fingers crossed.

11. Karlos Santos

Awesome. Good luck with bidding man:)

12. lukelear bomb

lukelear bomb New Member

Thanks man, and thanks for your info :)