1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Is Massive Dead?

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by sijarvis, Dec 30, 2019.

1. sijarvis

sijarvis NI Product Owner

I've just done an experiment to see for myself how efficient it actually is. 10 instances of MX, 32 notes (I never counted how many osc's or unisons or modulations) and my computer only just hit 72%, so you seem to be right @ evildragon.....i'm now kinda impressed as I think it's a lot better sounding synth than Massive.

• Like Like x 1
  2. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

i just got into using and understanding massive about a couple of months ago. I prefer it to massive X. I still don't even know the pros vs. cons between massive and X, but i love the more retro sound of massive compared to the wide modern presets on X. I still have much to learn though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Dunno what you're talking about, Old Massive is full of wide and modern sounding presets, especially 3rd party banks for it :)

In short: Massive X just sounds better, in every aspect. The oscillators, the filters especially, and effects (distortions and reverb in particular) are stellar, and much better than old Massive.

• Like Like x 1
  4. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

they may be full of those kind of presets, i still like massive's selection much better than massive X's compared to my style of making music. Then again, i've only used X a number of times.