Is Spektral Delay Core 2 Duo compatible?

Discussion in 'SPEKTRAL DELAY' started by nutrapuppy, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nutrapuppy

nutrapuppy NI Product Owner

I never used Spektral Delay (SD) in production because my last machine was a P4 with HyperThreading (HT). SD ran horribly with it, crashing, glitching, etc. My other NI stuff generally ran fine with it. All my other plugs, Waves, Sony, etc, worked wonderfully.

Support explained that Spektral Delay "might not be compatible" with HT because SD is "old software". They suggested I disable HT in BIOS. I did this to test and Spektral Delay did not crash, but my other big projects did not run as well.

I just built a new machine with a Core 2 Duo. Will I be able to use Spektral Delay with this new machine? If not, is Spektral Delay a dead end or will it be updated?

(Yes, I know I could just test it, but NI's site is currently a mess and I am unable to download the current version.)

2. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

What version of SD were you using? The old pre-1.5 versions were buggy, true- but I haven't had issues with it since the 1.5 update, which was 2002 or so...

It's currently at 1.5.7, and it runs fine with my Athlon 64 3500+ (it ran fine with my old 933 PIII as well). I haven't had a SD crash in years...

ew

3. nutrapuppy

Yes, I always use current versions or at least test with them before contacting support or posting. No luck.

4. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Did you set your buffers in the standalone to a multiple of 256? SD really doesn't like buffer sizes that aren't 256 or 256 x 2n; in other words 256, 512, 1024, 2048, etc.

Run SD in standalone right after installing, and set your buffer size as explained above. Now, try it as a plugin and see if it works...

ew

5. nutrapuppy

thanks, i will try that in the morning...

that is, if the server stops giving me errors when i try to get my updates.

6. theoryzero

theoryzero NI Product Owner

I get the server errors too when trying to get to the updates. However, I can scroll my browser to the far right and see the updates anyway.

7. RandomLFO

RandomLFO NI Product Owner

FWIW, Spektral Delay runs fine on the Core2 Duo processor.

Marc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.