1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Issue with the mixer in maschine 2.0.6

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by sppericat, Feb 19, 2014.

1. sppericat

sppericat New Member

Hi,

I experience random issues with the mixer. Usually after producing for a while, I switch to the mixer view to do some rough mix and when i try to modify the volume for one group, all groups get updated. This affects volume, midi in, audio to, etc.... Sometimes it even occurs within a group , where all sounds seem to be linked together.

I guess this is the best way i can describe it: all groups seem to become linked together somehow as far as mixing and automation goes.

Is it a bug or just me doing something wrong with the software and maybe triggering this annoying side effect via some keyboard shortcut ?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Stephane

2. rbrucemtl

rbrucemtl NI Product Owner

it's simply that you have selected all those groups... go into select mode and deselect all except for what you need to make adjustments too.

3. sppericat

sppericat New Member

Thanks man, I'll try that tonight :) i was starting to get frustrated because I was working on this awesome track for almost an entire day and I was afraid I was gonna have to dump it :|

4. inc drop

inc drop New Member

Sound Faders locked together in a Group - huh?

:( Feature needs better documentation and user interface indication. It is not obvious that one sound channel slightly darker then another sound channel indicates that the volume faders are not locked together unless you know what that means on the user interface. I searched the documentation and the web and watched a few tutorials for a few hours and never found out how to fix this ALL/NONE fader selection in the mix. You need to add a control button or item in the contextual pop for the channel in the software if for nothing else to at least unlock the faders in case someone locked them without realizing how they did it.

5. sppericat

sppericat New Member

rbrucemtl , thanks, I confirm it solved my issue :)

6. sppericat

sppericat New Member

I agree, I knew you could select multiple sounds within one group, but i wasn't aware you could also select multiple groups... I guess it's somewhere in the user manual... They should havea troubleshooting / FAQ thing with common issues users experience on a daily.

Also, as a community we could very well start a 'Maschine tips & tricks' blog ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. pfokus

pfokus NI Product Owner

8. the hamburgler

the hamburgler Forum Member

does 2.0.6 still have the 'all groups glowing blue no matter what bug' on the mk1?