1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Jam and MK2 : independant controls

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Tumulte, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Tumulte

Tumulte Member

Hello NI team !

There's one thing I find annoying when using the Jam and the MK2 : whenever I go to a control tab in one unit, the other goes there as well.

I think that'd be a HUGE improvement of the workflow if you added an option to prevent that. So I can, for instance, have plugin controls on one unit and levels on the other. Even better : page one of plugin controls on the JAM and page 4 on the MK2.

The issue is this : changing the control tabs update the software view… here are few solutions :
    1)The last unit touched updates the view accordingly
    2)Jam updates, and the MK2 doesn't (since the MK2 already has a screen). IMO it's a better option, because else you'll have to touch the jam first to see the parameters, then undo the setting change, then start tweaking.
    3)Both (therefore 3 options: sync, update on focus, jam only)

Oh boy, would that save me a bunch of time ! Even more importantly, that'd save a lot of these little moments of confusions (when the jam isn't the way you left it 5 seconds ago, because you pushed a button on the other unit without thinking about it.) that disturbs the otherwise fluid workflow.

Thanks a lot

2. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Independence between controllers has been wanted since Jam's release (and before). Still waiting.

3. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

+ 1

at miminum, don't change controls when switching patterns in Ideas view on the Jam. Many times I am tweaking a parameter in let's say group A on the regular Maschine, then I go to Jam to switch the pattern playing let's say in group B and all of a sudden I am tweaking a parameter in group B on the regular Maschine. Less than ideal when, err..., jamming or during a live performance

4. Tumulte

Tumulte Member

Apparently MK3+S-series MK2 do that.

Do you think MK2+Jam will benefit from this improvement ?