1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Komplete 10 re-installation on new PC -Now solved!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mrjonty, Sep 6, 2020.

1. mrjonty

mrjonty New Member

Hi everyone, I am completely at a loss. I have just purchased a new PC for the single purpose of installing Komplete 10, Komplete Kontrol and DAW, I uninstalled my komplete 10 from the old computer as advised using NI uninstaller. And proceeded to newly install my komplete 10, All on discs everything good so far, however the installation stopped at disc three of thirteen stating installation complete, So i thought that everything would be fine if I updated all the software via Native access, which i did without issues i have since discovered that that the majority of my sample libraries are missing and I have no Idea how to get them on my new PC. Discs D onward show as empty discs when loaded into the HDD. Checking the old PC they are all on the Hard drive still but I am guessing I cannot just copy them over and as I've invested a substantial amount of £'s I don't want to risk compromising it with registry/conflict issues. can anyone suggest what my next steps should be, I've exhausted the options on support section.

Thank you

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

just install via native access - there must be a list with - Not installed - products, there just click on install all.

Uwe

3. mrjonty

mrjonty New Member

Hi yes, I installed from the discs, it stopped at disc 3, then I went on Native access and installed all the Not- Installed products and the updates, Komplete is activated but not all the sound samples are present, when I loaded Kontakt 5 there were 34,473 missing files, the only thing I can think of is the Libraries are missing. Thanks for the reply

4. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

have you started all stand alone before using the vsts in a daw?

5. mrjonty

mrjonty New Member

Hi Yes, I've not even got to my Daw yet, When i check my library folders on the new comp, all the sound samples are missing, this is the root of the problem i think.. thanks again for the reply

6. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

7. mrjonty

mrjonty New Member

Hi Ewe, I tried the fixes on the support page before posting, I tried Batch resave but when you browse it asks for a location on existing PC , the samples are on another PC and there are no sample files to access to resave, they are not on my PC, thanks tho you seem to be the only person trying to help.:)

8. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Hello,

normally all libraries and samles are saved under "users\public\\documents\native instruments" or something like that.
    In native access go to prefs and check the folders, check them also in kontakt.

Uwe

9. mrjonty

mrjonty New Member

Hi Ewe, as i said I've tried the fix already, all the sample files are on the old not the new, we'll keep at it ta :)

10. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

and you´ve checked the folders in settings in native access and kontakt?

Uwe

11. mrjonty

mrjonty New Member

Yes I have, the files paths are as they should be, I need to transfer the samples from my old computer to the new Laptop, I could copy them to an external drive and see if I can just copy them across tot he correct paths, but I'm not sure how that would affect functionality.

12. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

yes this should work - or re installing the libaries if nothing else works

Uwe

13. mrjonty

mrjonty New Member

Hi Ewe, yes nothing else has worked, so I guess that brings me full circle then as my original question was about re-installing the libraries lol as the libraries are on the discs that didn't install on re-installation. thank you for your advice tho Jonty

14. MartinHines

MartinHines NI Product Owner

I will assume your version of Komplete 10 came on DVDs.

I can't imagine you have multiple DVDs that are defective -- i.e. can not be read, so I would think it is the installation.

Given the installation stopped at DVD3, instead of all 13 DVDs, I suspect there were items you did not select as part of the installation.

When you launch the Komplete 10 Installation software, there is a point where you have to specify which apps/content you want to install. You have to scroll down to see everything. Make sure everything is selected.

For example, did you make sure the Kontakt Library was checked? If not, it would not be installed.

For each of the DVDs, can you put each one, one by one, into your DVD Drive and see them in Windows Explorer? Much of the data might be hidden files (which you could turn on in Windows Explorer).

If you are confident all the DVDs are unreadable, then I think you have a few options:
    1. Contact NI Tech Support and see if they can provide you with download URL links for all of the Komplete 10 Libraries. Most of the Kontakt-based products in Komplete 10 are still being sold.
    2. Update Komplete 10 to Komplete 13. I think all owners of any version of Komplete can update to Komplete 13 for $199. If you sign on to your NI account, you should be able to see the cost for the update.

15. mrjonty

mrjonty New Member

Hi martin, Thanks very much, this is most constructive, Yes I am pretty confident all the discs are fine so it was probably at the installation point, i will uninstall and retry and take the steps you have advised, I won't be able to try this until weekend due to work commitments but I will definitely update and let you know the outcome. Thank you for your reply, Jonty.

16. mrjonty

mrjonty New Member

Hi Martin, it has taken two uninstalls and three installs, first one stopped at disc D, second stopped at disc B , third cracked it and is now fully installed and I'm so glad to say fully functional. It was along process over two weekends, so sorry for the late reply, thanks or your help, All the support from Ewe too has increased my knowledge (checked out your samples on soundcloud, really cool) of NI products and options. Feel confident moving forward now, next challenge get my Komplete kontrol installed and functional, thank you both again for your advice over the last month. Couldn't of sorted this without you guys. Thank you, one happy composer here. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: Jonty

17. MartinHines

MartinHines NI Product Owner

If you know how to create virtual discs (.iso files) and have software that allows you to run virtual discs (like PowerISO), you can always create a disk image (.iso) for each DVD, then save these to an external backup drive.

I do this all the time (I create a copy on two different backup drives, the backup and a clone of the backup). This allows me to not worry about trouble reading DVDs.

18. mrjonty

mrjonty New Member

Hi Martin yes I have a DVD to ISO program somewhere, ironically I think it's on a DVD, that is a really good idea, cheers

19. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

Just wondering.. If you have a decent Internet connection wouldn't it be easier to get Native Access and simply get everything online?

20. mrjonty

mrjonty New Member

Hi, have Native access, didn't solve the library issue but thanks now resolved. re-installation worked.

• Like Like x 1