Komplete 8 - Is this a joke?

Discussion in 'Sales Questions (Archive)' started by djix, Jul 27, 2011.

1. djix

djix NI Product Owner

Seriously. There are images from what's supposed to be the new CM magazine (September, 2011) that detail two versions of Komplete 8. One version (DVD-based) doesn't mention Battery at all, and the only two new programs are Kontakt 5 and Guitar Rig 5.

Really? Weren't those (v4) the most recently-updated programs in K7? And we even got a new version of Absynth in K7.

Now, the other version listed is an external hard drive (retailing at $999) that supposedly includes ALL NI products.

Again, I'm asking seriously (though I'm afraid I know the answer):

IS THIS A JOKE?

If this is real, it's the biggest waste of money since Komplete 6. I didn't buy that, and I wouldn't buy this, either.

Cheers,

-ix

2. mavano

mavano New Member

Did you consider the option that they only mention the updates to their flagship products and some new stuff? I see no mention of Massive, FM8 or any of the content either...

It's a marketing pitch to attract buyers. Relax...

3. djix

djix NI Product Owner

Hey Mavano,

So you don't know either? Then maybe you should stay out of it.

NI has shown a real lack of respect to their non-Maschine users, you must be one of the Machine fanboys.

Consider yourself ignored.

Cheers,

-ix

4. mavano

mavano New Member

Wow... Just wow... I try to be helpful and you decide to have a go at me... Sad...

I own Kore and Machine. Fanboy of neither. They're tools to get a job done. Sad that one of them is dying.

In the Koplete 8 ad they mention "27 instruments and fx. Only 8 are mentioned in the text. In the Komplete 8 Ultimate add the mation "55 instruments and fx" Only 6 are mentioned in the text. Battery is in the background picture of both.

These adds give no reason to worry about Battery not being in there imho...

This forum is getting a joke... Bitter Kore users acting like over-the-top drama queens hunting down others to have go at them for trying to be helpful, constructive or say anything positive about NI...

5. theoryzero

theoryzero NI Product Owner

@djix

Don't take the ads too seriously, Kore is shown in the background of the ads. Best to wait for the official announcement before freaking out.

6. jgraham.composer

jgraham.composer New Member

Well I can't say I'm too happy, either. Only bought Kontakt 8 a month ago, and already there's a new version – with everything? Welp, that sucks. And Komplete 8 Ultimate has everything I had already <i>planned</i> on buying, but won't (because if I upgrade in the future - and considering my past experience with NI and their Customer Service, it's looking very iffy - it will further devalue the upgrade). And, of course, that means my $60 e-voucher will go to waste because – surprise, surprise – it's valid only for purchasing individual effects or instruments, and not valid for purchases of KOMPLETE.

I'm not at all impressed with Native Instruments and, unless they do something to persuade me otherwise, I think I will be taking my business elsewhere in the future.

7. neuromodulator

neuromodulator New Member

I feel the upgrade price is too much for what's included. Disappointing.

8. john gz

john gz NI Product Owner

$559 upgrade price for Komplete ultra.
    No thanks.

I've had Komplete since V1, already paid $1k for purchase and about another $1k for upgrades. Mostly because of their pricing/sales issues I've invested in alternate synths, drums and sample libraries. This upgrade would include 3 products I've already bought once, and 3 sample libraries I've found alternative suppliers for.

My new NI policy is:
    Never ever buy an add on - it will be included in future Komplete versions
    Upgrade every second year - the actual upgrades included don't warrant annual upgrades and NI's treatment of long term customers favours new users over long term customers.

I'm pulling back from my product investments in this company.

9. MartinHines

MartinHines NI Product Owner

Good advice. Unfortunately I broke down and purchased Balinese Gamelan and West Africa. Boom -- added to Komplete 7.

10. charlieangel470

charlieangel470 New Member

Yup. I would agree on that. It's just a marketing pitch. So what would you recommend? Should I get it or give this a miss?

11. john gz

john gz NI Product Owner

Take a look at how many of the products are really upgrades and how many new ones are out. Figure out if you want to do annual upgrades, none or every couple of years.

Me, there's only a couple things I'm really interested in, guitar rig 5 with new effects and maybe one of the new synths. Everything else is duplication for me. I skipped Kontakt 7 and will do the basic 8. No more annual upgrades or add ons, though.

12. Jayme

Jayme New Member

...by losing buyers along the way?:

I'm still on the fence...

13. espcomputer

espcomputer New Member

The every couple sounds like the smartest way to go. Thanks for the suggestion

14. john gz

john gz NI Product Owner

If only NI's sales policies didn't punish us for buying more.

15. cdbinti

cdbinti New Member

* sigh*

I've seen this website and created account and was very thankful to read this forum. I was about to purchase one but now I need to think again on what really need to buy. Still love the product though! ;p

16. bosmart

bosmart NI Product Owner

In June I bought the West Africa library ($119), which works and sounds great.
    A month later NI announces the Komplete 8 upgrade, which includes this same library. The K8 upgrade'a price is set at $229... A way to lose 120 bucks...
    It's somewhat reassuring to find out that I'm not the only customer and an early NI products’ adopter feeling stupid.
    I wrote to NI and addressed the issue. Here is the answer that I received :

"We´d like to thank you for your feedback and will take your concerns into
    consideration for future discussions on update- and marketing policies."

What a surprise - they couldn't care less!

17. charlieangel470

charlieangel470 New Member

Thanks. I have decided to go for basic 8. I wouldn't want to spend additional money for upgrades.

18. pkun1

pkun1 Forum Member

every couple of years is the way to go.