1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Komplete Audio 6 does not work under El Capitan?!

Discussion in 'NI Audio Interfaces' started by Vathek, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Vathek

Vathek NI Product Owner

My Komplete Audio 6 stopped working after the upgrade to El Capitan. The computer is a Mid 2014 Retina Macbook Pro and it used to work just fine under Yosemite. But under El Capitan it's not recognized and the USB LED keeps blinking. On my main studio computer, which still runs Mavericks, the Komplete Audio 6 works just fine and the USB LED stays lit too. What's going on here?

2. solger

solger NI Product Owner

3. Vathek

Vathek NI Product Owner

I did and so far there's no solution. A bit odd the whole thing.

I just thought this might be something known, that's why I asked here.

4. solger

solger NI Product Owner

I haven't upgraded to El Capitan yet (and aren't planning to do so in the near future), so I don't know if I might encounter the same problem ...

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  5. Vathek

Vathek NI Product Owner

If this were my main music machine, I def wouldn't have upgraded yet either. But I barely use this for music, just wanted to hook up the Komplete Audio 6 for some quick speaker measurements, that's when I noticed. I assume this is particular to my system though, after all NI is actively advertising the KA6 at the moment and they must have tested it under El Capitan.

Once we figure this out, I'll post the/a/my solution.

6. Vathek

Vathek NI Product Owner

Well I figured it out myself. Support has been trying to help, but really slow (about one email a day).

So I uninstalled everything (!) related to NI from this machine (no big deal as there was only Traktor on it), rebooted and the Komplete Audio 6 was instantly recognised again. I think the issue was that the KA6 is class compliant on newer OSX versions, but I still had the old driver, preference panel etc installed from the past, which must have caused a conflict. The driver has not been needed for a while, but somehow it only caused the conflict now on El Capitan.

7. Vathek

Vathek NI Product Owner

How can I edit the title of this thread to mark it as 'solved'?