1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Komplete Audio 6 (legacy) and Ryzen 3000 series

Discussion in 'NI Audio Interfaces' started by foxx1337, Jul 17, 2019.

1. foxx1337

foxx1337 New Member

I just noticed, on my Ryzen 3900X, that the legacy NIKA 6 USB driver causes my processor voltage to stick to its max VID state, 1.5 V, even when idling with 10-11 cores parked and its remaining ones around 500-1000 MHz.

This also happens on a freshly installed Windows 10 Pro x64 1903, with only the AMD drivers on, with the interface plugged into USB or not. Is there any chance to get an updated driver for this (probably discontinued,) amazing audio interface?

The whole "drama" is unfolding mostly on Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cbls9g/the_final_word_on_idle_voltages_for_3rd_gen_ryzen/ and my fresh Windows install proves Robert Hallock's point (AMD_Robert) when he says that the big voltage spikes are generated by software on the systems and not by a buggy AMD release.

2019-07-17 16_03_23-AMD RYZEN MASTER.png

2. foxx1337

foxx1337 New Member

As a side note, I reformatted and installed the drivers of the new NIKA 6 (even though I don't have this interface) and the VID goes all the way down to 0.2 V in the same idle state. This makes me believe that the newer drivers (2019) are built with a more modern Windows Driver Model in mind, that more correctly respects whatever it is Microsoft is asking of USB driver developers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Amantus

Amantus New Member

Thank you! I'm also using the first gen Komplete Audio 6 and Ryzen 3900X and can confirm I've been having the same issue where CPU voltage has been staying at >1.4 volts constantly (or so it seemed). I was starting to think that maybe it was just incorrect readings or due to HWINFO polling the cores, but Ryzen Master says the same thing.

I'll try the drivers for the MK2 interface!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019