1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Bug Komplete Audio Mk2 Driver Issue (KH1097-254)

Discussion in 'NI Audio Interfaces' started by dor.re, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey!

I apologize for not writing back on the thread earlier. I thought the affected users had on-going support cases with the most up to date information. I should have checked back whenever I had more details.

We're still doing our best to understand why these issues happen on certain types of systems and why they affect isolated users.
    We haven't been completely successful yet but our engineers are still very much working on it. Unfortunately, there is little we can help with directly in the forum. Our support team are available and will be able to help you the best way possible.

I understand this is very frustrating especially considering the timeline. I've raised this again internally and I'll keep a closer look for any updates.

Anyone still having similar problems, please reach out to our support if you haven't done so already. The issues discussed on this thread are not always related and we've managed to help when they are not.

If you want your support case escalated, feel free to PM me.

2. Yedya

Yedya New Member

Is this really still an issue? I'll be returning my card asap.

3. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

Unfortunately, it still seems to affect few users. Are your experiencing any issues on your side ?
    Please keep in mind that not everything is related to what is discussed in this thread and we've also managed to solve problems on certain systems.

4. Yedya

Yedya New Member

Whenever I opened a new program and played sound, the device would stop working. It only allowed me to play sound on one program at a time.

I think my issue has been resolved, it was a problem with the sample rate in the NV KA Program not matching the windows system sample rate. However, I will update this thread if the issue persists.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tami T

Tami T New Member

I have the exact same problem on windows 10, seems like a common problem?

6. Yedya

Yedya New Member

I'm returning my unit and getting something from a different company

7. Jeremy @ NI

Jeremy @ NI Support Team NI Team

8. Jeremy @ NI

Hello Yedya, sorry that you returned your unit. I will forward your experience to the respective teams.

9. Emmanuel Lopez

Emmanuel Lopez New Member

Hello. Well , after one year after I bought this device, NI team allowed me to send it back to EEUU. What is unbelievable: they sent me new item of SAME device, which means I'm gonna experience same and horrible distortion issues.
    I bought a 6i6 Focusrite , of course, because I had to keep working, and it works perfectly. I asked NI team to send me a similar device as a Maschine (same price) and told me that's not possible.
    So after all money and time they made me lose.. that's the "solution" I got. Guys.. this company doesn't care about customers at all.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rocky_Racoon

Rocky_Racoon New Member

I used mine for 2 days and bang, same issues, just like you I bought a different unit 'Steinburg UR44C' which runs
    perfectly. My NI unit is on the shelf in it's box, pointless returning it for the same unit again. I do not buy or upgrade from NI
    any longer and that includes 'Komplete Ultimate'.
    I really do feel for you Emmanuel, hope your Focusrite runs for a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dor.re

dor.re NI Product Owner

and what exactly do these 'respective teams' do? what did your developers and programmers do on this matter over these 2 years?
    because this is a severely flawed unit for Windows that is in production since 2019, and literally nothing has changed.
    Absolutely nothing, its a flawed product.

you sell these unit as there's nothing wrong with them, which is clearly not the case as we can all see from the new comments on my thread that just keeps appearing.
    your drivers are broken. for over 2 years, thats is not ok on a moral level.
    what is the excuse? "youre still looing into it"? you had over 2 years to look into it. there are no excuses anymore.

you are in the wrong as a company. and we, your users and customers lost $250, how do you think that makes us feel?

12. Locuzzed

Locuzzed New Member

Ok somethings REALLY messed up right here.
    Just got a komplete audio mk2 for my mobile setup (Huawei Matebook) and its just terrible.

ASIO4All has no issues in playing cpu-heavier projects, but the NI-Driver fails playing the same projects.
    Also it got worse when increasing the buffer size from 1024 to 2048 - really weird.

I just sent a ticket via the form Jeremy @ NI mentioned.
    Lets hope i hear something back.

13. Jeremy @ NI

Hey Locuzzed,
    Could you send me your request number by direct message ?

14. Locuzzed

Locuzzed New Member

Thanks for getting back - yes just sent you a DM!

15. Locuzzed

Locuzzed New Member

If someone finds this thread having the same issue: in my case it seems to be a problem with Bitwig not being compatible with the Komplete Audio Driver. I tried the interface with Cubase and had no issues at all.

I know that few have multiple DAWs installed, but maybe this helps us to get a fix going.

Also shouts to Philipp from NI-support, taking the time to help me narrowing down the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  16. acdc2000

acdc2000 NI Product Owner

I have a desktop and a presonus AR8 mixer and a i5 8600 this only work perfect when i set energy plan to highest speed. i measure with a wattmeter if this need more power. when PC is idle and cpu load is 1-2% . it need not more power. maybe this power plans are for more older CPU but for modern CPU it make no diffrence only problems.

17. dor.re

dor.re NI Product Owner

hey, is there any update/progress on this issue?

18. dor.re

dor.re NI Product Owner

bumping up again - are there any updates/progress on this issue?
    its been literally 2 years :D

19. Rocky_Racoon

Rocky_Racoon New Member

Yep, I am sick of waiting....stop playing around and get something done, nearly 2yrs
    of my unit sitting in it's box unusable.

• Like Like x 1