Komplete Kontrol/Maschine(+) Ready Category in User Library

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by BriFi, Feb 24, 2021.

1. BriFi

BriFi NI Product Owner

Mick @ NI,

Can we get a sub-category in the User Library that would allow us to upload items that have the knobs mapped properly for KK/M(+)? There are so many different ensembles that us Maschine+ users are converting with the knobs mapped properly and I'm sure the same ensembles have been remapped numerous times by many different users. I think until a better mapping editor is available at least this would reduce duplicate work by the community to make the Reaktor user creations more user friendly for other NI devices.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

I like the idea! I'll get back to you on this :)

3. Michael O'Hagan

Michael O'Hagan NI Product Owner

+1 for this.

4. colB

colB NI Product Owner

Wouldn't it be better to have some sort of feature checkbox type thing?
    Otherwise, there can be multiple valid categories for each upload?
    If a builder can check various options like "Synthesizer", "KK/M ready", "Virtual Analogue" etc, then a user can browse based on whatever they are interested in.
    The current system is that you choose a category/section and that's it. So if I create a Synth with KK/M functionality and upload it in the KK/M section, folk searching the Synth section won't see it!, unless there is a KK/M subsection for each of Synthesizer, Sampler, Sequencer and Other... sounds like fun lol

• Like Like x 3
  5. Moujik

Moujik NI Product Owner

colB sounds like you're suggesting the UL gets an overhaul to actually work in a sensible, modern way. Not sure that will catch on ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. BriFi

BriFi NI Product Owner

Kinda like Rack Ready Blocks? Anyway the rack-ready blocks category is super useful so something along those lines to differentiate things made with KK/M+ (NKS?) support.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021