1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Komplete Kontrol MK2 Browse / Plugin Buttons Dont work?!

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Nabumetheus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Nabumetheus

Nabumetheus NI Product Owner

When I insert a new "Komplete Kontrol" VST onto a new Ableton Track, then the MK2 Keyboard's "Plugin" and "Browser" button illuminate, and I can select a preset.

What's driving me mad though, is once I click away from the "Browser", the buttons never illuminate again, and I cant select a preset.

Also, when I load a preset, I cant figure out how to change it again.

The Browser and Plugin buttons only illuminate once -- when I insert a fresh Komplete Kontrol -- and never again. Help! How do I get the Plugin or Browser buttons to do anything?!

2. Adil @ NI

Adil @ NI KOMPLETE TEAM NI Team

3. Adil @ NI

Adil @ NI KOMPLETE TEAM NI Team

The ADG Instrument Rack should be placed into the Ableton User Library folder to appear in Live's browser. The location for this is as follows:

C: > Users > *Username* > Documents > Ableton > User Library > Presets > Instruments > Instrument Rack

I hope this helps.

Best,
    Adil

4. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

The ADG file needs to go into your preset folder NOT your VST folder as you have done.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

NO your reading is wrong, you said "I've put the ADG in my VST Folder, AND In C: > Program Files > Common Files > Native Instruments > Host Integration > Ableton Live"
    Which is NOT where it goes... No more help from me you rude ignorant douche.

6. Nabumetheus

Please accept my appologies for my attitude, I was indeed being douche-ey. Long day

What I had intended to say was, that I have it in the presets directory.

See I have it in the presets directory, and it's not showing up in ableton :

[​IMG]

EDIT: I figured It out. It turns out I forgot I was using a custom location on an external hard drive for ableton live presets. In my opinion the easiest way to setup the ADG is in Ableton Live, just expand Presets -> Instruments, and right click on "Instrument Rack" and goto Show In Explorer, and just paste the ADG file there. Doing it that way gets rid of any uncertainty of where the correct folder to place it is, If a custom folder was set and forgot about :)

Additionally, the suggestion above to use the ADG In Ableton, rather than the VST, addressed my original issue

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  7. Nabumetheus

Additionally, I have another question. My main DAW Is REAPER. Say I add two Komplete Kontrol Tracks / VST's to REAPER.

With the KK MK2 Keyboard -- Is there a way to select which Komplete Kontrol VST instance I am controlling in the DAW ?