1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Komplete Kontrol Not Resizable?

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Orbit-50, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Orbit-50

Orbit-50 NI Product Owner

I uninstalled it exactly 3 minutes after installing it. Seriously? 2018 and no resizability? Beautiful piece of software but c'mon man, you gotta be kidding me with this. It's tiny. Built in sequencer with full on preset database and you make it that small? Totally disappointed with this product NI.

• Like Like x 7
  2. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

It's actually 2019 dude but yeah...

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Orbit-50

:) I didn't even catch myself on that one. lol
    It was 2018 when I started getting pissed about this stuff with other developers as well, so it became the official year of "WTF no resizability?" and it sticks in my head as such.
    You know, it wouldn't be a big deal if it were just some regular synth plugin or something, and I'm not saying every single plugin in the world must be resizable, but plugins such as this, that are designed for tasks of this magnitude, should be resizable. Particularly in "standalone" mode. I shouldn't have to pull myself into the monitor to use this.

• Like Like x 2
  4. laserbeak

laserbeak NI Product Owner

Not only is it not resizable, the freaking GUI got smaller. WTF...
    I came here to post that when I saw this thread.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Orbit-50

I just don't get it. The thing is that I can guarantee that there are no plans to add resizability to Komplete Kontrol because of how long it's been around. If it were going to be done, it would have been done already. Just like every other product, it's something that was never on the agenda. NI probably believes that this is unimportant. They have to come to the realization that in today arena with higher resolutions, it is important for usability sake. But what do I know, no one is complaining about it, so I guess I'm the odd man out. Maybe the problem is me. Yeah, that's it. The problem is me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

But for real, the non-resizable UX is infuriating. Tim @ NI
    I understand the objective is to get you using and looking at the hardware, but really, the software is a crucial aspect of the workflow.

• Like Like x 2
  7. laserbeak

laserbeak NI Product Owner

cause let's be honest here. Their hardware would be nothing without the software to begin with.

• Like Like x 2
  8. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

Yeah the resizable window is quite a mystery. Of course it will not make the loaded plugin any bigger/smaller and it should be resizable to be larger than the loaded plugin and just not go smaller but it would be very handy for users doing tagging of their files or the poor users of the A/M series keyboards that have tiny screens and no OSD popup browser to browse with, mouse and keyboard browsing becomes the norm.

There are many features like this that seem pretty straight forward to implement but instead there are months of no updates, then an update that releases new features no users were asking for. It is certainly not a product driven by user feedback. Almost the opposite. I've been waiting 4 YEARS now to simply search using AND/OR abilities along with the ability to search Factory + User libraries at the same time. Been waiting 2 years just to be able to adjust the preview volume from the user browser.

• Like Like x 4
  9. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Now you've pointed out how limited the search functionality is it's a complete mystery why it wasn't fleshed out prior to the sounds.com integration. Absolutely baffling, especially so when you consider how big of a component samples are in terms of Komplete.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Waveformz

Waveformz New Member

Add me to the list of complainers. It drives me nuts - to have a 5K screen while KK is a tiny little window. I have to manually hide sections of the browser to have more results shown, constantly. As for the GUI, do what Arturia does and just scale everything in percentages. Apple does something similar with icons. Both have artwork that (roughly) scales along so you're never, say, enlarging a tiny image. It looks amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  11. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Damn, I was wondering the same thing. I hope resizing of GUI is considered for the next update.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tony Jones

Tony Jones NI Product Owner

+1

• Like Like x 1
  13. van Grieg

van Grieg NI Product Owner

Given that they're adding support for 3rd party controllers, and there's not much to look at on an A series keyboard, that point is moot. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Home Studio

Home Studio NI Product Owner

15. DAWNLGHT

DAWNLGHT NI Product Owner

I think this may has to do with the Native Browser. It's images or logos for the libraries aren't SVGs or hi res PNG files, but low quality PNGs that scaled on screens with a high DPI would shown blurred for sure. So even if the KK interface would already be scalable, they would have to change how images and logos are handled in the browser and even make an image scaling DLL for the browser to scale those HQ images to fit in the S-Series and Maschine's screens in real time. And that may be kind of complex.

16. Waveformz

Waveformz New Member

Yes, this is definitely part of the problem. But it's an easy fix. Most of them are from NI, so an in-house problem. Third-parties are only now catching up to previews, so one at a time. But still, I would think you could almost get away with a 1.5-2x increase with minimal jaggies.

17. metrosuperstar

metrosuperstar NI Product Owner

Yes. Biggest reason why I'm still more inclined to launch Kontakt instead of KK, even with an S88 MK2.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Richard L Doyle

Richard L Doyle New Member

This is my biggest gripe with the software. I don't like using the interface, at all, because of this. +1

19. T11

T11 New Member

20. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I find this annoying too mainly because the preset browser is too small especially when there's no instrument loaded. I'm curious if there are any other reasons to make it resizable in you guys opinion.

• Like Like x 1