1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

KOMPLETE KONTROL S61 not showing on ableton as controller

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Luis Lozada, May 29, 2019.

1. Luis Lozada

Luis Lozada New Member

I am having some issue on seeing the KK s61 as an option in my controllers in Ableton Live 10.

I have installed the necessary folder as directed in you online instructions in the applications ableton and still do not see it. Help pls I ya e delayed projects because of this. Thank you.

2. Adil @ NI

Adil @ NI KOMPLETE TEAM NI Team

Hi Luis,

Welcome to the forum! Do you have a Komplete Kontrol S61 MK1 or MK2? If it is an MK2, you do not need to do anything - it will auto-configure when plugged into Live 10.1. If you have an MK1, please follow the steps in this article. I hope this helps.

Best,
    Adil

3. Luis Lozada

Luis Lozada New Member

Mk2. It’s not auto configuring. Nothing shows up. On controllers. It does on inputs and outputs but not as controller

4. Luis Lozada

Luis Lozada New Member

5. Luis Lozada

Luis Lozada New Member

It’s an MK2 it’s not auto configuring. I do see it on the the inputs and outputs but not on the controller tab

6. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

What os?

When you say:
    Are you saying you see it as a MIDI IN/OUT device but you do not see a Komplete Kontrol option in the control surface slot? Can you post a screenshot of what you are looking at?

If there is nothing listed under the Control Surface section then you have not copied the script folder to the correct location.

7. Luis Lozada

Luis Lozada New Member

Attached Files:

8. Luis Lozada

Luis Lozada New Member

Pls help me I have tried everything

9. JesterMgee

Can you post a screen shot of your live MIDI device page?

10. Luis Lozada

Luis Lozada New Member

Attached Files:

11. JesterMgee

I'm not a mac user so cannot confirm the exact paths but just be sure where you copied the script that there isn't any other versions also installed, especially if you upgrade. Could be another versions data files you need to copy it into. Also confirm you have all the required script files in the script folder. If it is in the correct place and working fine, it should be appearing in Live even without a keyboard attached.

12. Louis~

Louis~ NI Product Owner

Hi Jester, I believe the OP is using an MK2, if that’s the case all he has to do is upgrade KK to the latest and Ableton to 10.1. There are no Scripts to be copied over it’s all automatic now. This is just for the MK2. MK1 users must still copy over the Scripts… It sounds like he missed a step somewhere?

13. Luis Lozada

Luis Lozada New Member

14. Drifter

Drifter NI Product Owner

Right now mine isn't showing up as a control surface

15. Drifter

Drifter NI Product Owner

Ok so just looked at the instructions again. Did you copy the Native instruments folder there as well? I found that was what I wasn't doing. Not sure I you were having the same problem as me or a different one, but that solution worked for me.

16. Luis Lozada

Luis Lozada New Member

That’s exactly it I just went slowly on the instructions and realized that I didn’t do the native Instruments folder. Now al is well

17. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

Which version of Ableton Live 10 are you using, as from Version 10.1 (which is now out) you dont need to use scripts etc, as S61 mk2 is supported.

18. Drifter

Drifter NI Product Owner

If you already posted the scrips do we leave them there when we update?

19. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

I updated couple days ago, I didnt touch or delete scripts and all was fine, no more need to use the Racks, just the KK plugin

20. Drifter

Drifter NI Product Owner

ok cool :thumbsup: