Komplete Ultimate 12 EC and BigSur Compatibility

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mousetrap, Mar 15, 2021.

1. mousetrap

mousetrap New Member

Hi, new here. Today NI just released an update that some of NI products are now compatible w/ macOS 11 ( BigSur ) and I saw that Maschine mk2 is now compatible and also Komplete Kontrol is now compatible ( these are my hardware from NI that I use right now ) but my big question is: Is Komplete Ultimate 12 also compatible with BigSur? Even if Komplete Kontrol ( hardware and software ) is compatible now with macOS 11, are all the softwares within Komplete now compatible? Thank you in advance!

2. rAC

rAC NI Product Owner

I think you are forgetting that Komplete Ultimate is a bundle not a separate program in its own right. That is to say that you need to look at the programs within the bundle for compatibility - and off the top of my head I think you will find that all of them are.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. mousetrap

mousetrap New Member

Thank's rAC for your comment.
    I know and I did not forget what Komplete Ultimate is. It's a bundle of many plugins and all of them are controled trough Komplete Kontrol but I wanted to be sure that all of them are compatible. Anyways, I still have to wait lil'bit more because I saw that Maschine mk2 hardware is not yet compatible.

4. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

There's still some elements that are not yet officially supported such as Massive X.
    You can find a list of what is compatible here: https://bit.ly/NISupport_BigSur

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. mousetrap

mousetrap New Member

Thank you Matt. Appreciate :thumbsup:

6. Matt @ NI

And we have a compatibility update still needed for REAKTOR 6. It seems to be running on Big Sur already (I'm using it personally with no issues so far) but our team might have to iron out a few things for an official Big Sur release.

7. mousetrap

mousetrap New Member

I understand. Thank you for this iformation too. Also, do you know when Maschine mk2 ( hardware ) it will be compatible with BigSur?

8. Matt @ NI

This is a bit of tricky one. We're working with Apple directly to address issues with some of our older Maschine hardware. Unfortunately, I don't have any timeline on a fix but I'll try to find more information.

9. mousetrap

mousetrap New Member

Thank you so much for all the info.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mousetrap

mousetrap New Member

Hi Matt@NI, can you please help me with some info? Is there any chance that Maschine MK2 to be compatible with BigSur soon? I intend to make an update to OS BigSur and I saw that Maschine MK2 is still uncompatible. Thank you in advance! Cheers

11. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

Now, keep in mind that I can't be sure here, in the end my guess is as good as yours. But I wouldn't count on it to be honest. Just for the record: you mention Maschine Mk2 but I guess you're specifically referring to version 1.x of the Maschine software, right?

Because as far as I know that software is no longer actively supported or maintained. Of course NI might apply changes to get that working again, but I wouldn't count on it. Also because it seems to take them plenty of time & effort to get all the actually supported software fully up to speed.

12. mousetrap

mousetrap New Member

Thank you ShelLuser for your reply. Actually I was asking about the Maschine MK2 hardware, because I saw on NI website that they still say that using a maschine mk2 or mikro mk2 may cause huge cpu spikes... and I saw that most of the NI products that I use are now compatible with BigSur, but I can't use the hardware if I update to BigSur and I really use it a lot for making my drums and patterns. I tought that maybe I got some luck but it seems that I'll have to wait a while...or sell my maschine and buy the new gen of maschine hardware. Thank you anyways for your response. Cheers!