1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Kontakt 5 player...instruments ?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by film nerd, Apr 10, 2020.

1. film nerd

film nerd NI Product Owner

Hello..I've just installed Kontakt player 5 ( I'm on an old OS ) but I can't seem to find any NI Kontakt factory content or instruments to use...where are they all hiding ? I've tried a few third party instruemnts but they're just available in demo mode.
    Thanks for all help and sorry if I've overlooked somewhere obvious

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

With Kontakt Player you don't have access to the full factory library, you can download the free Kontakt Factory Selection though.

Third party instruments that you tried and are in demo mode are not Kontakt Player encoded libraries, they would require the full version of Kontakt to work without timing out.

3. film nerd

many thanks ! Where's the Kontakt Factory Selection ? I couldn't locate it on the website

4. EvilDragon

It should be listed in Native Access and ready to download from there.

5. film nerd

It's not listed...just a prompt to install Kontakt 6. Is there another location I can find it ?

6. EvilDragon

7. film nerd

many thanks...but the link in the thread is 403 forbidden ! Bit of a mission this....thanks for any help !

8. EvilDragon

9. film nerd

awesome...thanks x still weird that it's so hard to get....

Are the instruments with Komplete Start compatible with Kontakt Player 5 then ? I know the package includes version 6...

10. EvilDragon

I honestly don't know, I don't have it installed...

11. film nerd

Just checked.....it needs a higher OS than I've got so I guess not and that would sync with needing verision 6....So really no way to load any instruments into Kontakt player 5 at all then ?

12. film nerd

thanks for efforts so far btw x

13. EvilDragon

You can of course load Kontakt Player libraries that support Kontakt Player 5... but you have to own them first. :)

14. Mario DeLaura

Mario DeLaura NI Product Owner

Google/bing free Kontakt instruments and you will find a lot of them. Find and DL those that will load in the Kontakt Player 5. There are also a lot of presets available for purchase that will work in player 5 also.

15. EvilDragon

There's actually not an awful lot of free Kontakt Player libraries out there...

16. film nerd

Yeah I noticed there wasn't much..many thanks for help everyone