Kontakt Factory Library: Crackles In Choirs? (with Example File Attached)

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by MerlijnVM, Sep 4, 2017.

1. MerlijnVM

MerlijnVM Member

Dear creative minds

I've encountered a problem with the choirs in the kontakt's factory library.
    Sometimes if I playback my played MIDI notes I hear these crackles which are very annoying. The weird thing is that if I play/replay those notes again they sometimes dissapear.
    But mostly when I render a piece with these choirs there is a part in the song where I can hear them!
    The things I know for sure:
    - it is not clipping
    - the crackles can happen on any velocity number.

Since I think the choirs in the factory library are pretty decent and I would like to use them more often I hope there is a sollution for this problem!!

thanks!

Attached Files:

2. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

I'm not sure. It's not clipping, you're right.

I'd be interested what to see if you open the Monitor tab and keep an eye on its numbers as you hear the crackles. Perhaps that will give us a clue as to what might be causing it.

3. MerlijnVM

MerlijnVM Member

[​IMG]
    Thanks for your reply @David Das

this is a print screen when the crackles happen. I never used the expert tab before so I am not sure if there is something strange here

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Hmmm, I can't confirm that happening over here...

What sample rate are you running your project at? AET filter (used to do vowel morphs here) is known to have issues with sample rates other than 44.1k.

5. MerlijnVM

MerlijnVM Member

@EvilDragon thankyou for the reply

I always use 48000. But I have never had any problems with other instruments at this samplerate

6. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Yeah, were they using AET filters? :)

7. MerlijnVM

MerlijnVM Member

Well this is the first time I hear about an aet filter.. I guess they didn't

8. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

Experiment: try switching off the reverb entirely? Let's see if that might be contributing.

9. MerlijnVM

MerlijnVM Member

Dear David, sorry for the later reply.
    I have tryed to turn off the reverb entirely but the problem still happens sometimes ;/