Kontakt in Mainstage doesn't load preset

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Synthman03, May 16, 2019.

1. Synthman03

Synthman03 New Member

I'm using Mainstage for live performance. In some instances, I load Kontakt instruments into patches. When I select the patch, there's no sound produced by the instances of Kontakt. If I open up the offending instrument, click the preset select button forward, then back to the patch I want, it's fine. But I can't be opening up the instruments in a live setting, trying to reload the samples.
    Note that some instances of Kontakt in the same patch will work. The particular failing Kontakt patches are in the Factory Library->Instuments->Band->Horns-> sax section (or trumpet section).
    Any suggestions are welcome.

2. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

This is hard to diagnose remotely, but I'm wondering if maybe some CC is getting reset when you toggle the preset selection. I would recommend you do some more tests and experiment with MIDI CC's and see if you can figure out what else is causing specific instruments to load silent.

3. Synthman03

Synthman03 New Member

Thanks David. I've been experimenting a lot and CC's don't seem to effect it (#7 and 11 being the most likely culprits). It seems to be more that the samples don't load until I re-enter the program choice. All samples are where they are expected to be. Very frustrating, and it makes Kontakt unusable for my purposes (along with a severe stuck note problem if I try to use just one instance of Kontakt using multis and zones). But thanks for the suggestion.