Kontakt Play Series

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Chizilla, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Chizilla

Chizilla NI Product Owner

Am i the only one who is experiencing severe crashes with the play series?
    I've been experiencing this on cubase 10.50

1) I've loaded K6 to an instrument track and inserted a patch from Analog Dreams and plays with my Midi controller and that's fine
    2) I've loaded K6 to the second instrument track and Inserted a Patch from Ethereal Earth and the moment I play with my Midi controller the Cubase Crashes, Is there a solution for this? This has happened several times now, Please advice me.
    Thanks
    Chity

2. Chris @ NI

Chris @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hello Chizilla,

What version of macOS or Windows are you running, and what version of Kontakt is loading inside Cubase?

3. Chizilla

it's Mac OSX 10.13.6 and the Kontakt version is 6

4. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

Obviously I can't speak for others but this is most definitely not normal behavior. I've just tried to reproduce your setup on Live and I experience no issues what so ever, not even when I try to play both instruments at the same time.

How much memory does your computer have? Because I do notice that when I play with this stuff it puts a certain amount of load on my PC, are you sure yours can handle that?

5. Chris @ NI

Chris @ NI NI Team NI Team

We need to know the specific version of Kontakt 6 that is installed. Look at the installed products list in Native Access. The exact version is listed there.

Also, I tried to replicate this in Nuendo 10.2.10, but was unable to.

6. Chizilla

DA600BEC-9E12-4A61-BE92-5227ECEE0385.jpeg DA600BEC-9E12-4A61-BE92-5227ECEE0385.jpeg Here it is
    DA600BEC-9E12-4A61-BE92-5227ECEE0385.jpeg

7. boboris

boboris New Member

Hi, You're not the only one! Has anyone found a solution?
    I have the same problem with Hybrid Keys and Ethereal Earth.

Everything works well with my KOMPLETE 12 bundle except for these two. I can insert them into KONTAKT without any problem, but as soon as I press a key on my midi keyboard, Logic crash instantly and close !? This only happens inside Logic Pro X. Everything works fine in the KONTAKT player.

I reinstall both, cleared the database, rescan everything, but they still crash my session in Logic Pro X. I am on iMac with 40GB of Ram.
    Any help would be very appreciated! Thanks