Kontakt won't open after Komplete 10 install on new PC

Discussion in 'Technical Issues - KOMPLETE (Archive)' started by Esport, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Esport

Esport New Member

Just purchased Komplete 10 for my new PC that I built and after the initial installation I was able to open all the instruments in either standalone mode or within Cubase except Kontakt and Battery. I let the installation prompts install the programs in the default locations and service center recognizes all plugins as activated. K5 and Battery are in the same directories as the working instruments. NI installer tool confirms this as well. But when I select either of those two to open I only get a brief hourglass followed by nothing. There are no error messages and no indications that there was anything screwy with the install. I have now uninstalled and reinstalled Komplete 7 times with the same result. Beyond fed-up. My system is offline so I performed the offline activation. Massive, Absynth, fm8, Reaktor, Guitar Rig all work beautifully. I have also tried installing Kontakt and Battery separately from disc A with no luck. Firewall is turned off as is anti virus. If anybody has any ideas I would be grateful. Running windows 7 64 bit Home premium.

2. Esport

Esport New Member

After lots of searching for similar issues I have yet to find anything like what I'm experiencing. What could be causing this?!?!

3. Freddie H

Freddie H NI Product Owner

Hi there.

Its very simple problem. I will help you solve it.

On the disk you have a so called a "VSTPlugins" map in PROGRAM somewhere. You have now probably at least two locations of same map called VSTPlugins. The problem is that Cubase see only one VSTPlugins -map and not the other one there Kontakt and Battery are installed in.

During installation your VST versions of Kontakt and Battery has not been added to right VSTPlugins location.
    Check the harddrive were the installation has put your VSTs DLL-files of Kontakt and Battery. You can either copy the VST-DLL-files of Kontakt to the other "VSTPlugins"- map, or inside Cubase, you can prompted the other new location of the second VSTPlugins map so Cubase can find them on the disk.

Best Regards
    Freddie

4. Esport

Esport New Member

All the dll files for Komplete 10 are in the same folder, including the ones for Kontakt and Battery. I have Cubase set up to access the 64 bit folder where they were originally installed. I checked again just to make sure and all are present. When I update the plugin paths to refresh any changes all the Komplete instruments are available and are being read from Program Files\Native Instruments\VST Plugins 64 bit. All except Kontakt and Battery. A quick look into that folder confirms that the dll files for both are there. Again, I cannot even open either K or B in standalone mode. Last night I did a fresh windows install and reinstalled Komplete from scratch and there is no change. Are these included versions of Kontakt and Battery just not compatible with Windows 7 64 bit?

5. Freddie H

Freddie H NI Product Owner

Yes, NI work on Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8.1 x64 or later.
    It must be a corrupt installation files. Contact Native Instruments directly thru mail instead.

Perhaps you already know, but incase you don't. You need to update windows and have a "update -2015" - Windows 7 SP1 x64 system to be able to install and use your softwares correctly.
    Also be online and have Internet connection during installation procedure are sometimes very important today. Sometime "installers" need internet connection to be able to reach "Microsoft"-online DATA-library to install Microsoft components.

So have your DAW computer "not online" or never "update", is all in the past.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  6. Esport

Esport New Member

Ok so I hooked the computer online and did all the recommended Windows updates, including SP1. Now when I attempt to open Kontakt I get an error screen that shows:
    C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5EC2.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Temp\WER755F.tmp.appcompat.txt
    C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Temp\WER756F.tmp.mdmp
    ("****" used just to illustrate my username)
    Each time it generates a different number after the WER. If I keep User\appdata\local\temp folder open and try to open Kontakt it will create an XML file that lasts for a moment before vanishing. Thoughts?

7. Esport

Esport New Member

Last night I formatted my harddrive and did a fresh Windows install, updated to SP1...again, ran all updates and reinstalled Komplete 10. Did all the Service Center updates (22 of them to be exact) and I'm in the exact same spot as before. Massive, Reaktor, FM8, Guitar Rig and Absynth all perform perfectly but K5 and Battery will NOT OPEN!! If I try to perform the 5.5 update for Kontakt it gives me an error saying WINDOWS CANNOT COMPLETE THE EXTRACTION. THE DESTINATION FILE COULD NOT BE CREATED. I'm at the end of my rope with this nonsense. Tech support hasn't provided any solution yet and I don't know what else to try. At this point I feel like either my DVDs are corrupt or my serial number is to blame. The working plugins are in the same location as the nonworking plugins and the DVDs all load without throwing any error codes. Please somebody suggest a new strategy. I've been fighting with this for hours every day for three weeks.

8. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Either the DVDs are corrupt or you don't have enough free space on the hard drive to extract the installer.

Call NI to supply you with new DVDs or provide you with download links for ISO images of those DVDs.

9. Esport

Esport New Member

It's a new 2TB drive. I sent support a request for new dvds.

10. Esport

Esport New Member

Support is basically not responding anymore. They suggest I try to upgrade to Cubase 7 or 8. But I stated several times before that all the other plugins work great in Cubase 5 and standalone. It's just kontakt and battery that won't cooperate. I'm at a loss and highly frustrated. SOMETHING has to be wrong with my serial or activation info. I'm installing the suite on a brand new machine. Even formatted and reinstalled windows. No change. What else can I do? I can't get a refund and the whole reason I sprung for Komplete is because I needed Kontakt ANYWAY. Comin up on six weeks of fighting with this!!

11. Esport

Esport New Member

I'm at work every day when the support call center is open so that rules out being able to get a tech on the line while I'm in front of my computer too.