Kore 1.1 bug with Acid Pro 6?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by electrow2000, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electrow2000

electrow2000 NI Product Owner

Tried Kore software with Acid & found, when using a Koresound MultiSample only one patch is heard - the first one - when in Acid play back / record mode. BUT when I'm in edit mode for Kore I hear all the samples (all samples are set to channel one). I don't have this problem in Cubase, so I was wondering if it is either a setting problem or a bug associated with Acid......

2. electrow2000

Anyone ????

3. electrow2000

Does anyone know if Kore 1.1 works properly with Acid Pro 6. I simply cannot play any Kore sound with Acid playing. When Acid is stopped, I can play the Kore sound. When in record mode - and with a armed Kore track I hear nothing, but midi notes are recorded . Upon playback only one Kore plugin sounds, when the Kore patch is a multi plugin sound.

4. KILNA

KILNA NI Product Owner

5. RJ Fielder

RJ Fielder New Member

I contacted NI tech support and they confirmed the render issue with 1.1. They said they didn't have a workaround and were passing the issue on to the Kore engineers so it looks like us ACID users (all 3 of us apparently) will have to wait for another update either from Sony or NI. In the meantime, 1.0 still works flawlessly and the only downside to using that instead is the controller dongle issue as well as some possible compatibility issues with the new NI products, of which I only own Battery 3 (works in 1.0 without issue).

6. KILNA

KILNA NI Product Owner

So I have finally discovered a workaround. Plogue Bidule http://www.plogue.com can be used as a VST plugin, and you can embed other VST plugins within it. Using Bidule as a go-between to prevent Kore from talking directly to ACID seems to resolve the rendering issue in my case. Unfortunately it costs $75, but the good news is it can be a very useful VSTi hosting environment in its own right... I never got the hang of Kore's stage-oriented features but Bidule looks like a no-brainer for setting up a live performance using the same instruments I use in ACID.

7. nutrapuppy

nutrapuppy NI Product Owner

So, EW, any reports of the ACID 6 bug being resolved for Kore 2? I just bought Kore 1 and ran smack into this issue. The ACID forum reports that NI knows of the issue but has no resolution other than KILNA's workaround ($75), or rolling back to version 1.0, which obviously creates a lot of other problems.

I have the chance to return Kore (I think...is it software or hardware?) for a few more days. If it isn't going to work with my DAW, then I'd like to know before it is too late!

8. AlRook

AlRook Forum Member

I think this problem is not unique to Kore running in Acid. I have a render problem with it in FLStudio too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.