Limit filter frequency range with breath control

Discussion in 'Building With Reaktor' started by Greg Sinibaldi, May 12, 2021.

1. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

MRC (Midi Remote Control) deliveres automatic ModWheels if the switch MW is set to on; range 0.25 .. 1.0 added to the amount.

2. Studiowaves

Studiowaves NI Product Owner

.....Oh, I get it, play a different note and it glides to the next note while the glide simulates modwheel movement.

......An old friend moved back in town and i went visiting today and didn't get a chance to play with it. From the description the model probably turned out pretty good. Imagine Chet is very proud of it. Seems you can model almost anything in core. Do you by chance know if Native plans on releasing a full blown convolution module. That would be great for modelling especially if they truly recorded resonances inside of instruments. That's pretty cool producing a spark or white noise burst and recording the reflections and analyzing the frequency spectrum of each reflection. That's some good audio engineering there. Great idea with excellent results. I searched all the manuals for the word convolution but nothing was found.

3. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

4. Studiowaves

I finally got to play with seranade, real nice job on the modelling. It's also the first gesture played instrument i've ever seen. good idea. I hooked my foot pedal up to the mod wheel and it's pretty fun. Guess without Colins convolution it would be pretty drab. Adds a lot of body to the sound. I really like the bass sounds. All in all pretty amazing.
    Btw what happened to Greg, did we solve his problem? I thought it was a legato problem making the filter hold. But never heard back. I like what you did with Seranade it makes it playable without a bow and has a texture like a random bow twist. Pretty fun.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Greg Sinibaldi

Greg Sinibaldi NI Product Owner

I'm still here! Was just out of town a few days...

So yeah this issue occurs when playing legato or when releasing each note. Doesn't matter. I have a feeling it has something to do with the way my ensemble is structured. The brightness only occurs on voice 1. The way I want it it is the way it behaves on voice 2. It seems the module you created is only hooked up to one voice. I'm unsure how to hook it up to both voices.

I tested this by playing some dyads as well, both legato and released, and the same thing occurs... Brightness on voice 1 and not on voice 2

Hope this helps!

Greg

6. Studiowaves

I'm not sure how to fix it either as the ensemble only has 1 filter block. It seems like it's working like a mono 1 voice instrument yet plays 2 notes. Is there a way to make it truly polyphonic? It is a bit strange. I don't know much about the blocks, but maybe the filter block is in 1 voice mode or something. Also your breath contoller by be doing it. Why not download Midi OX and see what comes out of your controller. http://www.midiox.com/ Anyone else have any ideas?

Last edited: May 28, 2021