1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Live 2 hour set - No Issues - Sweet !

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by markdeejay7, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markdeejay7

markdeejay7 Forum Member

I have just finished a set in Glasgow supporting Dave Pearce and have run out Traktor Pro for the first time "live".
    Worked fine for me....no issues really......apart from the sound quality was not as good as I would like, but i think this is down to the built in souncard on the Hercules RMX.

It was a bit scary at first as I was thinking that Traktor Pro may fail or freeze, but as the night went on, I gained more and more confidence with the software.

I know there are still a few bugs that need ironing out, but all in all, im fairly impressed with Traktor Pro.

:)

2. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Thats wicked Mark. Good to hear a really positive post especially about a full Live run of Pro.
    Ive not heard the greatest reviews about the RMX soundcard to be honest so id guess your assumption is right.
    Ive put my own first live use of Pro on hold until this update but your post is encouraging.

3. empolo

empolo NI Product Owner

What is interesting about the RMX is the difficulty in finding low-level technical documentation about the sound card. One poster over on the Hercules forums claims that the RMX uses the Wolfson WM8770.

If this is true, this piece of marketing info from Wolfson's web site verifies your findings -->

The WM8770 is ideal for surround sound processing applications for *home* hi-fi, automotive and other audio visual equipment.

http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/products/WM8770

Just wondering...how _much_ worse was the audio quality than what you consider optimal? I'm strictly a BDJ getting my chops but I can see doing a small gig or two to recover the cost of my RMX. ;)

4. Ivoo

Ivoo NI Product Owner

There´s hope:)

5. kidkotch

kidkotch Forum Member

Are you using vinyl or cd control?

6. as22

as22 NI Product Owner

His sig says TPro so I would probably think its not scratch. I will be giving TPro a run this weekend. **fingers crossed**

7. markdeejay7

markdeejay7 Forum Member

I am just using the MIDI controller (Hercules RMX). I do not have any external decks or CD players linked up to the software.

Cheers

Mark

8. empolo

empolo NI Product Owner

For what it's worth, Hercules released a new driver today -->

New drivers are available for your DJ Console on the Hercules technical support web site http://ts.hercules.com

Changes include:

- A new firmware for the DJ Console MK2 (v15)

- Some minor ASIO bugfixes and improvement.

The package 2008_HDJS_4 support all DJ Console for Windows, and new packages for MAC are available for both the DJ Console Mk2 (v5.28) and DJ Console Rmx (v1.95).

Link --> http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=215&cid=1

9. markdeejay7

markdeejay7 Forum Member

Many thanks empolo,
    I have now done the update and all seems good so far ;-)

Cheers

Mark

10. garysulter

garysulter NI Product Owner

I've been using Pro-Scratch for a few weeks now with no issues...
    A few major problems to start with (as did T3 to be fair) but now all seems well (fingers crossed).
    I'm using this Live 5 nights a week now for crowds varying from 600-1500 so I was very aprehensive to start with but all seems good... I'm using Control Cd's at the moment and they are fine too:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.