Load multiple projects using tabs for live sets.

Discussion in 'Feature Request Archive' started by FastGraph, Mar 15, 2013.

1. FastGraph

FastGraph NI Product Owner

Basically be more like Kore for live environments...

Load multiple projects using tabs (like browser tabs) Projects can be turned on / off with a button on the tab just like loading a bunch of performances in Kore after saving them as sounds.
    Tabs that are turned off should not have any influence on CPU or RAM just like in Kore.
    With this feature you'll be able to switch between projects without loading or using multiple instances of Maschine so basically going to the next track without stopping.

This is the one feature I miss in Maschine. Right now I'm still using my MPC (just for sequencing) and Kore (as vst/au host) during live shows. Maschine is running from inside Kore but the ideal way would be to ditch the MPC and run Kore from within Maschine.

Shouldn't be too hard to implement cause NI already did it in Kore.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  2. phemox

phemox Forum Member

Depends on their resource management, but I do like the idea of being able to load multiple 'songs' in one project. That definitely fails in Maschine.

3. SCARYMAN

SCARYMAN Forum Member

Find it very frustrating that you can't simply just switch from one project to another without having to wait for it load...... Would be an excellent feature to be able to load a few projects together and then sequence them in scene/song mode.

4. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Pointless whilst Maschine only uses a single core though

5. phemox

phemox Forum Member

Well technically you don't have to use any cores for that as you'd only playback several projects that are already pre-loaded in a sense. Even just bouncing entire songs to a single audio file and setting them up for sone kind of live set playback with access to pads, FX and what not would greatly improve the Maschine for live use. I think most live users are finger drumming performers though would rarely rely on pressing the 'play' button.

6. jobro

jobro Forum Member

Heck, Omnisphere has their live mode, so why shouldn't Maschine have one too? Currently Maschine loads just one project, and that's fine in the studio. However. If Maschine could load 1 project per pad, that would be the ultimate gizmo. You press the buttons to the projects loaded and press play. The rest of the projects cues up as a long song to be played.

7. SCARYMAN

SCARYMAN Forum Member

Yep..... Would make it into a serious bit of kit for live usage........ Here's hoping!

8. ServeSwaggerSurf

ServeSwaggerSurf Forum Member

It actually scares me that this isn't implemented yet