1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

[MABB] Maschine Beat Battle - Rules + Archive

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mick @ NI, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

[MABB] Maschine Beat Battle

From now on we will be hosting one every month. Feel free to shoot me a private message if you have ideas for a future battle, or if you are a sample pack maker and want to offer samples for us to use in a battle.

I have changed up the rules a bit, so make sure to read them below.

-----

Current [MABB]:
    Discussion: [MABB] March 2018 - Discussion Thread
    Voting:

-----

Rules

Please read the rules below and note that these are subject to change and will evolve as we go. I’m very open to any feedback and/or suggestions that you might have. Send me a private message if anything comes up.

Sampling is a huge part of music making history, it’s what made J Dilla and the Belleville Three. That is why we have changed up the Beat Battle rules a bit, giving you the freedom to sample too.
    If you sample music from elsewhere, you will have to mention this, so we can see/hear exactly what you did.

We also want to introduce anonymous entries. From now on you enter the competition by sending me the mp3. I will then upload them to our MABB SoundCloud page and won't reveal who a submission belongs to until the voting is closed.

How to enter
    -Make your beat in the standalone Maschine app.
    -Send me your submission as mp3/wav/aiff (either via WeTransfer or by privately uploading it to your personal Soundcloud page and sending me a download link). I will then host it on our MABB SoundCloud page and post it in the voting thread. This way voting will be more fair, as no one knows which submission belongs to who.

Voting
    -Contestant who submit a track in this months battle are obliged to cast their vote.
    -You vote on your favourite tracks by liking the post.
    -Only votes from users who have more than 20 posts count (Exception: If you participate in the current battle yourself but have less than 20 posts you are still allowed to vote).
    -Votes for yourself also do not count, but you can vote for as many other tracks as you like.

Winners
    -The first winner is picked by you, the forum members. The person who gets the most voted will receive one Komplete Instrument.
    -The other winner gets picked by me and will receive one Maschine expansion of their choice.
    -And from all the people who cast their vote we will also randomly select a winner. This lucky person will receive one Maschine expansion of their choice.

-----

Winter 2017 (voting thread: here)
    October 2017 (voting thread: here)
    September 2017 (voting thread: here)
    August 2017 (voting thread: here)
    July 2017 (voting thread: here)
    June 2017 (voting thread: here)
    May 2017 (voting thread: here)
    April 2017 (voting thread: here)

Christmas 2016 (voting thread: here)
    November 2016 (voting thread: here)
    October 2016 (voting thread: here)