Mackie 2.d Pro + TSCP 2 Recording Issues

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by DJ Moneypulation, May 7, 2012.

1. DJ Moneypulation

DJ Moneypulation NI Product Owner

I recently got a Mackie 2.d Pro Mixer and I'm having some problems with recording inside Traktor Scratch Pro 2.1.5.

I've found some old topics, but they did not help me because I know already how to set up the channels (13/14 to an unused deck and select external source and the choosen deck). My problem is that when I'm recording something Traktor always records both channels at the same time. It doesn't have any effect If the crossfader is closed for deck A or B. So I can't record a mix, nor any scratches.

Could someone maybe give me some advice?

:confused:

2. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

I sounds like you got it set up properly. Can you post some screen shots of your audio routing?

3. DJ Moneypulation

of course!

here they are:

have I done something wrong?

Attached Files:

4. DJ Moneypulation

I forgot to ask: Can you record your sets with your Mackie 2.d Pro without any problems?

5. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

Yes I can but I don't use Traktor's recorder.

Anyhow I checked out Traktor's mix recorded and ran across the same issue you have. I'm thinking that this a bug.

Honestly you are better off recording your mix with Garageband or the like. I use Propellerheads Record.

Your mixer is capable of more than just recording a mix. You can actually multitrack everything that goes trough your mixer along with your mixdown and even record your xfader movements as midi automation. ;)

Hope this helps.

6. DJ Moneypulation

Thx for checking! :) Weird bug...

I know about the possibilites with my mixer, but I like to keep it as as simple as possible for recording my mixes. I guess I'll go for my ableton live in the future.

Anyway I'd like to thank you for your help!

That's why I like this forum so much. You allways find a nice guy who is willing to help you :)

Edit: I've tried ableton live and it works perfectly! I'm so happy :)

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  7. slackerofthemind

slackerofthemind NI Product Owner

Of note I have the same issue with the d4 Pro. I don't think the record feature was ever properly implemented in the Mackie d series.