mapping Traktor S4 and Traktor X1

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by Hey-DJ, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Hey-DJ

Hey-DJ Forum Member

I'm using the Traktor Kontrol S4 and the Kontrol X1 in tandem. I'm trying to map the X1 FX controls to control effect decks 3 & 4. when I do this, I lose the use of the button on my S4 for effect deck 2 on deck A and the button on the S4 for effect deck 1 on deck B. It's a weird problem, I just thought I'm missing something and one of you could point me in the right direction. BTW, I'm not acually mapping the Traktor X1, I'm hitting the swap button in the Traktor Kontrol X1 settings so they control decks C/D and Effects 3&4. Any thoughts?

2. Hey-DJ

Hey-DJ Forum Member

Ok, so I've spent most of the day researching my issue. Is there a way I can get into the .tsi file of the Default Traktor S4 map and edit that? I highlight it in Controller Manager, but I don't have the option to edit any of the controls like I do with my Kontrol X1.

TIA

3. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

No. But the new version of traktor will let you replace features on the default map with a user mapping.

4. luckee_d

luckee_d Forum Member

Hello,

I have an S4, X1 and an F1 as my kit. Overkill? Naw! I love it....

Problem is when I connect the X1, I loose the capability on my S4 to control FX bank 1 on Deck B, and I lose capability to control FX bank 2 on Deck A.

Is there a fix to this? I would like to still be able to control effects banks 1 and 2 on deck a and b. I control deck c and d with the X1, so no big deal there.

Please let me know. Thanks

DJ Sandor