1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

MASCHINE 2.11 and KOMPLETE KONTROL 2.4 - Out Now!

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Kai @ NI, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey all,

I’m happy to announce that we have just released MASCHINE 2.11 and KOMPLETE KONTROL 2.4. Here are the key changes of these releases in an overview:

Introducing background scanning for content Products

Scanning of content products (Kontakt and Reaktor libraries, Expansions, Presets and Samples) now occurs in the background, allowing both applications to be used immediately when launched.
    A running scan is indicated by a spinning / loading icon on the library tabs as well as in the preference page. Manual re-scanning is also not possible while an automatic scan is in progress.

Notes
    • VST and AU scanning still requires a restart and present a scan dialogue
    • Some interactions such as editing tags or using the search bar may not be possible while a scan is running

MASCHINE 2.11 Changelog

• CHANGED In the Song View, the default for the loop state was changed from "on" to "off"
    • IMPROVED Minor aesthetic changes to the info bar on the hardware color displays
    • FIXED Sampling mode not working as expected
    • FIXED Using MASCHINE as a plug-in with missing content creates a grey rectangle when loading a project in a host application
    • FIXED Files with "#" in the name can't be dragged and dropped
    • FIXED Incorrect behaviour of ERASE + PAD if the Pattern start is not 1:1:1
    • FIXED Copy / Paste not working as expected if the Pattern start is not 1:1:1
    • FIXED Piano Roll and note Length combinations on JAM causing the controller to become unresponsive
    • FIXED Mod Pack VST freezes Application
    • FIXED An issue where notes were placed at the 1:1:1 marker when having "Quantize" enabled and using Auto-Growing Patterns
    • FIXED An issue where the internal compressor of MASCHINE showed an unusual meter behaviour
    • FIXED An issue where the waveform color in the Sampling tab was not updated correctly when changing the color of a Sound

KOMPLETE KONTROL 2.4 Changelog

• FIXED intermittent integration issues with Logic Pro 10.5 (note: requires macOS 10.15.6)
    • FIXED Using KOMPLETE KONTROL as a plug-in with missing content creates a grey rectangle when loading a project in a host application
    • FIXED S-Series MK2 & A-Series MIDI Templates intermittently lost on macOS
    Important: please backup your templates before updating, or refer to the Knowledge Base article (https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012243398)

Firmware Updates

The MASCHINE and KOMPLETE KONTROL updates are now available via Native Access. Firmwares are available for download on the website listed above. MASCHINE and KOMPLETE KONTROL will also prompt you to download in case you are running a lower version on your device.

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback and helped testing the applications. We hope that these updates will resolve some existing problems and add some value for you!

Best,

Kai

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  2. KingKrog

KingKrog NI Product Owner

Thanks for the update!

Does anyone know specifically what issue this was referring to?

3. Duistere Bardo

Duistere Bardo New Member

Awesome, gonna check it out tonight! I'm especially happy to see the midi template issue has finally been fixed in Komplete Kontrol. :)

4. Jeremy E Shaw

Jeremy E Shaw NI Product Owner

Nice, and thank you. Updating now.

5. Baldadi

Baldadi New Member

"FIXED intermittent integration issues with Logic Pro 10.5 (note: requires macOS 10.15.6)"
    Does this mean that the integration issues are NOT fixed if you have an older MacOS (I use Mojave 10.14.6 and like to keep it that way...)

Thx

6. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey KingKrog,
    this refers to when trying to edit a sample in Edit mode, while setting a start and end point around the sample, the playhead would always start from beginning of the sample instead of starting from the set starting point.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Adil @ NI

Adil @ NI KOMPLETE TEAM NI Team

Hey Baldadi,

All of the user reports we have received suggest that the issue was introduced by Logic 10.5, and impacted users on Catalina only. Are you experiencing integration issues on Mojave?

Best,
    Adil

8. sebastiancookie

sebastiancookie New Member

Im on Mojave and using Kontrol S49 MK2 with Logic Pro 10.5 and I just updated Maschine and Komplete Kontrol.
    1- I select to control Maschine with the keyboard but if I move to a different track I loose control of Maschine, if I go back to the Maschine track the Kontrol doesn't go back to "Maschine" mode.
    2- Kontrol in "Key mode" for Maschine triggers the sounds on the Group, but it doesn't put them in Focus for for tweaking with the Kontrol's knobs , therefore I need to use the mouse.
    3- the levels display in The Mixer mode for Logic doesn't move, they just flicker instead making it worse and also they don't represent the colour of the selected tracks...can this be fixed pls?
    I bought my Kontrol S49 MK2 last month based on videos that show how well it integrates with Logic Pro and Maschine, but it's been very disappointing in that department so far, I hope things improve.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Fauloderfleißig

Fauloderfleißig New Member

10. GoKeez

GoKeez NI Product Owner

Hey folks. I'm not at all new to music production but certainly a Maschine noob (2 months). Are Maschine updates typically solid or should I wait awhile to install new updates?

11. bilposey

bilposey NI Product Owner

I've been installing every update since day one 2009 so install every update be a patreon

• Like Like x 1
  12. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

I also update on day 1 every update and have never regretted it.. you may find some different opinions on that. but it’s not at all like Avid where people don’t update for years because some Pro Tools bug that affects their workflow or projects never gets fixed or takes forever to get fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. GoKeez

GoKeez NI Product Owner

Thanks a lot. Haven’t heard much belly aching from the Natives around here so I’ll take that and your words for it and dive in.

14. stevep314

stevep314 NI Product Owner

Can't believe we still don't get a better DAW integration. Why keep it so closed down for modding if that's what you would want from the hardware?
    I understand you want it to be as standalone as possible but NI is fighting a really silly battle imho.

15. BigFace12

BigFace12 New Member

Where Can I find this update? on my Native Access it says i have the last update and i am still at 2.11.0.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  16. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

2.11 is the latest update.

17. BigFace12

BigFace12 New Member

Ahhhhh For some reason I thought I saw 2.11.2 was the update. Thanks. Well that means I am having an issue with it then. ugh

18. Dalmanours

Dalmanours New Member

Hi guys, sorry but I've a really BIG problem: ProTools 2020.05 on Catalina 10.5 does not read Maschine.aax (tells it's a 32 bits...)
    no issues before, and when I go to see the plug, date of installation is 2019, September. Component is ok, with the good date of installation, so what should I do? And are you support AAX anyway?
    Thanks by advance
    (sorry for my English...)

19. Chad keck

Chad keck New Member

I’m having an issue after the update I git today on the pattern grid when I try to work with the notes on the grid like move them closer to the start of the grid when I play it late. I grap the begging or end of it like I always have but it’s going nuts it doesn’t move then it does and it gets really long and it’s not even going the way I’m moving the mouse it the opposite I have a video of what’s going on but I can’t post it. It takes me ten times longer to do what I did before in a few seconds. It sooo annoying and I’m really pissed.

20. Chad keck

Chad keck New Member

I have the left side of the note chosen and I’m moving the mouse right and it’s getting longer to the left. I’m trying to fix the not to the first grid line because it was off a bit when I played it

Attached Files: