1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Maschine 2.8 - Sounds.com Integration (how it works)

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by D-One, Feb 22, 2019.

1. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

So... because there's a lot of confusion and not everyone wants to subscribe just to test and see how Sounds.com + Maschine works I did a quick video demonstration. It's a bit odd that NI hasn't released any video on this yet. Keep in mind I suck at making videos tho.

Hopefully it clear's some common questions I have been seeing around.

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

I lol'd at 'stop playing goddamnit' :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. D-One

Pressing Enter to change the name of the Collection trigger the sample... I leave the mistakes for the lol's :D

4. loopman

loopman NI Product Owner

Hi D-One,
    I've creatd a new account on Sounds.com, it's a basic account without any payment made and on the upper right corner I have a "0" number, I see that you have a "484", are they credits maybe? Anyway, when I try to : "DOWNLOAD ALL ----> ALL to NI Apps" it doesn't allow me to download the sounds and says:
    TRY SOUNDS.COM FOR 14 DAYS
    75 Credits on Us.
    Zero Commitments.
    Full access to royalty-free loops and samples
    Once downloaded, the sounds are yours and so on...

what can I do?
    Thanks

5. D-One

Yes, the number at the top are your credits.
    If you want to try it then I guess you have to "start the free trial", if you don't like it then remember to cancel before it charges you after the 14 days.

6. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

"How it works"
    or
    "How it doesn't— and other scary realities NI avoids acknowledging"

7. Donald Linderyd

Donald Linderyd New Member

Can we decide where the samples are stored. I can't find any option for that in Native Access, which I assume is handling that part.
    There is a "content location" path in preferences, but that doesn't seem to do it.
    A bit OT, what is the "content location" path in Native Access for? What is stored there?

8. D-One

No, we cant. Why not? It's one of those NI mysteries not even Scooby-Doo could figure out.
    Instruments, Kontakt Libraries, Expansions, etc.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. ajb1965

ajb1965 NI Product Owner

In Windows 10 the online content path is C:\users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\NativeInstruments\Shared\sounds.com

I have Maschine running on my desktop DAW which sounds.com integration does NOT work, and I installed it on my laptop where the integration DOES work. The only difference is on my desktop PC I have NA set up with content to be stored on a different drive. On my laptop I only have one drive so I have all paths set to default in NA. I'm wondering if sounds.com sees content in a different path than default it gets confused and doesn't know where to put them?

10. mykejb

mykejb NI Product Owner

Nope ... or at least nope here anyways - my NI content path is "H:\Native Instruments" but stuff downloaded from sounds.com is correctly installed in the AppData path. Storing stuff from sounds.com in the NI content path would make much more sense (to me at least) than in AppData

• Like Like x 1
  11. Donald Linderyd

Donald Linderyd New Member

Ah, yes silly me. I knew that...
    It'd make sense if Sounds.com content was stored in the same folder, but perhaps that is just a bit to logical.
    Since we can't decide where to store this content, I think sounds.com and KK-integration is probably a no go for me. I'll stick to Splice.

12. ajb1965

ajb1965 NI Product Owner

Then it must be the dual PC install then. I installed Komplete and Maschine on my laptop last week a couple of days before the updates. Perhaps they aren't equipped for this deep of an integration yet. Or maybe the file transfers come from mars or uranus. Hell, maybe Myanus. They might as well. There's zero documentation to how any of this does, or is supposed to work...... It seems irresponsible to tout a new update like this and then drop it with nary a peep about the hows and whys of their most advertised features.

13. RajahP

RajahP NI Product Owner

Could be nice to have something like this with sounds.com... Blocs Wave Slicer.

14. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

Here is how my trial went...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. D-One

What do you mean? Something like that on the website or on Maschine soft?
    All that is possible on Maschine, although not that touch-screen oriented way.

LoopCloud 4 will allow sample slicing, mangling and all sorts of madness before we actually pay for the sample... quite interesting. It avoids spending credits and filling our libraries with crap.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. RajahP

RajahP NI Product Owner

Loopcloud 4 looks sweet.. How can you slice slamples In Maschine, what tools are there available to do this? Thanks..

17. D-One

Are you trolling? The Sampler... It's a drum-machine, it's a primary function is to sample.

18. RajahP

RajahP NI Product Owner

No I am not trolling... Thanks for the video...

19. Beatcook

Beatcook New Member

is it just me, or when you try to chop loops from sounds.com the option to do so isn't there unless you download to hard drive first, then drag them in.

20. D-One

I think it's just you. Works like any other loop here, keep in mind Loop's open in the Audio Module, you have to switch to Sampler to be able to Slice.