Maschine causing blue screen?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mr211, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr211

Mr211 Forum Member

ok so i've had my Maschine a little over a week.. and now im havind some serious issues.

Ok so from the begining..

When i FIRST installed Maschine it installed fine from the CD. Then once the NI Service Center ran it began to download the updates and such.. i started runnin the updates.. but i received some errors with the files when i tryed to run them... i cant remember exactly wat it said but it was something like invalid file.. or invalid OS something ... but anyways .. i just kept deletin the files and redownloadin them... and eventually i got all the files installed....

Then i went to plug the Maschine up.. and the new hardware **** came up on Win7 and the lil device icon pop'd up on the corner of the sys tray ... but it first said this device was not properly installed..... so then im like aw ****... so i restarted the computer with the Maschine unplugged... and when i got back into Win7 .. i plugged it up again... and same **** .. icon pop'd up.. but it had a red x on it like before sayin the devince wasnt properly installed... but then.. it turned green and said this device is installed and workin or watever... so im like aight coo.. opened maschine and didnt have much problems...

After a few days.. i remember the PC crashin i think when i was tryin to open Sound Forge while Maschine was open... but i attributed that to, Maschine and Sound Forge prolly tryed to use the same files or something .. even tho Maschine is using my external interface and Soundforge used the internall card .. but it didn really alrm me at that point... then for a few days.. things where coo...

Then about 3-4 days ago.. i was messin around in Maschine.. i was loadin kits.. and previewing the patterns and such.. and boom.. bluescreen.. windows restarted.. im like uhh..? i didndt ahve anything else runnin.. and i wasnt doin anything that i hadnt been doing the days prior... when it was workin fine.. so im like .. oo K.. then yesterday .. again.. Maschine was open.. i was tryin to get something started and boom.. bsod , windows restarted.. im like wtf.. this happened about 3 times back to back.. to the point where im like **** it.. i unplugged the Maschine.. went and played wow...

Now with the Maschine unplugged .. i was able to play warcraft and **** .. listen to mp3s on winamp.. talk on aim and ventrilo and irc .. with firefox open on twiter and i had ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES....

Then .. i finished my raid in Warcraft.. closed wow, ventrilo, winamp, .. Pluged the Maschine up.. and then.. before i can even select a kit.. BOOM.. bsod.. at this point its like 2am and im liek **** this.. went to sleep...

woke up.. with the computer bein off all night.. started it up.. had nothin open.. started Maschine.. i was able to pick a kit.. set the bars.. adjust the metronome volume and boom.. restart ...

..... Pissed at this point..
    I start the pc.. with maschine still plugged in... and this time.. it gets to the windows logo screen... and sits there.. for abnormal length of time... just cause i just figured it would react... i unplugged the maschine.. while it was still at the logo screen.. THEN i began to continue loading..

I uninstalled the maschine drivers.. restarted the computer,came to the site downloaded the driver installation file again... ran cleaner to remove any left over registry and temp ****... ran the installation file.. installed the driver with no issues... restarted .. AGAIN... got all the way into windows THEN i plugged the maschine up... same ****...

Icon pop'd up.. says this device not installed properly... 3 secs later it turned green sayin it was good to go... i started Maschine.. when to start something and ...
    guess what happen... .. . BOOM im instantly pissed off again because my computer is restarting.. so.. here i am..

Can anybody, please; provide some kinda solution to this issue?
    ---
    My PC Specs are as follows:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    4 Gb DDr2 ram
    like over 3TB hard space total...
    GeForce 8800 GTS 640mb DDR3 PCI-e grfx card
    M-Audio Profire 610 interface
    Sound Blaster Xfi internal soundcard
    Mpk49 USB Midi controller

thats just about everything that matters..

2. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

The reason why Sound Forge probably crashed- it was scanning your plugins and you had Maschine open. Sound Forge doesn't particularly like some of the NI multiout plugins; Maschine's one of them (or at least it is here).

I'd try a different USB port if I were you; that might be all you need to do. I'm thinking that the reason why you're getting the "didn't install correctly" prompt is because you don't have enough power on that port.

ew

3. Mr211

Mr211 Forum Member

Hmm wow.. ok.. thats a thought.. maybe its time for a bigger Power Supply.. i think i have a 750w in there now.. but as i said .. i do have

3 physical internal sata hds..
    2 cd burners...
    1 PCIe grfx card
    external inteface on the firewire (powered by the pc)
    mpk midi (powered by the pc) and now maschine...

4. mgstudios

mgstudios Forum Member

**** this is happening to me too!

5. Leitmotiv

Leitmotiv NI Product Owner

If the problem really comes from the USB port not offering enough power, changing your PSU won't help most of the time. That's usually a problem coming from the motherboard itself...
    And don't forget that a "750W" PSU means nothing. Better get a good quality 450/500W PSU like a Seasonic/Corsair/Antec than a no name 1000W POS offering 30% efficiency and terrible voltage tensions.

Does you Maschine ever worked properly for few days on this PC?

6. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Correct.
    Also correct. I myself use an Antec EA500D Green:
    http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MjIzOA==

ew

7. Leitmotiv

Leitmotiv NI Product Owner

8. reflective7511

reflective7511 Forum Member

IMHO all of the mess is caused due to the poorly coded NIHardwareservice.exe:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112442

Whenever NIHardwareservice.exe is running it needs a lot more time to shut down the computer and USB devices need a long time to get recognized by the OS.:angry:
    I already got in touch with NI's tech support but they have got the opinion that their service works flawless.:eek:

Strange because every time I quit NIHardwareservice.exe all mentioned problems are gone (maybe only a fortunate coincidence).:S

9. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Ah- that only happens with an old Windows install as far as I can tell.

I had the same thing with NIHardwareService taking foirever to start up and shut down; a fresh install of Windows (mine was three years old) and start up/shut down's back to under 30 seconds from power on to fully up, and under fifteen seconds to shut down.

ew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.