1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Maschine+ Crashing

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Ben Mapplebeck, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Ben Mapplebeck

Ben Mapplebeck NI Product Owner

Hi so day 2 I've made slight progress so pleased with that but frustratingly the thing has froze up on me twice requiring a power cycle im hoping this is just a software glitch. I was only playing around with a few drum kits when just locked up. Anyone else had this happen?

2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I haven't had this happen in the current version.
    When reporting problems please state what version you are on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ben Mapplebeck

Hi it's running the latest updates all get back to you with the version number

4. bambz

bambz New Member

It has happened to me three times now, randomly. Haven't been able to recognize a pattern about it crashing and it doesn't seem to be about the CPU (was at 30% - 50%).

I'm in the latest update. System version: 1.2.13.5 - Maschine 2.12.0 (R868) - Firmware 0.1.6

5. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Probably going to regret saying this, but it's been somewhat surprisingly stable and I haven't had any crashes on 1.2.13.5.

6. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Anything connected to it ?
    Had some crashes over the pass few days but I think it was audio interface or midi data feedback that may have caused it .

No crashes today , after I rearranged my setup

7. Ben Mapplebeck

I've only had headphones connected, shame there's no log to upload to NI for investigation....

• Like Like x 1
  8. GoKeez

GoKeez NI Product Owner

+100

9. Bruno @ NI

Bruno @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi Ben,
    We actually receive logs when a Unit crash or refresh if you have the Usage Data Track ON in Settings -> About.

Cheers !

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ben Mapplebeck

Ok great thanks for that

11. Mariana @ NI

Mariana @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi Ben,
    Can you tell us if you are using the power supply that came with the unit? We noticed some issues when using a weaker power supply (it should be 15V, and at least 2.66A, with positive polarity).
    Cheers!

12. Ben Mapplebeck

Hi yes I am only had it 2 days I check the psu spec when I get home tonight anyway but definitely the supplied psu

13. Ben Mapplebeck

And she's crashed......

Had a bank if sounds running started playing on the pad and froze up!

Also noticed while setting up the sounds the odd very short pause and then resumed with a pop/crackle then back to normal.

So far not very impressed with this I hope this somehow sends a log back to be looked at although im going to have to down power it manually as it's completely locked up yet again....

Goodbye saved project

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  14. Jumbuktu

Jumbuktu NI Product Owner

I have only had mine for a few days as well. I have noticed a couple of short glitches while playing a project or just after loading a group. Like everyone, hoping this is rare and will go away with an update - wouldn't want it during a live set.

15. imagevoice

imagevoice NI Product Owner

maybe try a faster sd-card. with the delivered one I had no freezes but some glitches, peaks and delays while playing a project and loading a new one or previewing long samples. all this i gone since I use a SanDisk Extreme Pro 256GB SDXC UHS-I (170MB/s reading)

16. Ben Mapplebeck

Already upgraded to a 512 but I've organised a return with it crashing several times and ordered a mk3 I can't work on that tiny screen unfortunately either..

17. imagevoice

imagevoice NI Product Owner

o_O you have a mk3 insight the + ... plus the possibility to go live and work everywhere with it. but ok - when u just use it in the studio the + was the wrong decision anyways.

18. Ben Mapplebeck

w
    Yes I realise that now but guess can still do live with laptop plugged in and save £650

19. Jumbuktu

Jumbuktu NI Product Owner

I thought maschine+ doesn't stream off the SD card? Still worth a try. Would possibly fix any of the loading glitches.

20. Ben Mapplebeck

I didn't think it would either once it loads the sounds up