1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Maschine Jam Ableton 10 Template PROBLEM

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Gōreme, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Moffit

Moffit NI Product Owner

ok you mean in step mode

2. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Yes and piano roll

3. Moffit

Moffit NI Product Owner

is this for the latest template it's still not working? i'm still on 2.7.2

4. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

The topic is about
    Maschine Jam Ableton 10 Template

So far the latest release of Maschine is ok with Jam

5. Brian Barnett

Brian Barnett New Member

I'm not seeing any issues in Live 10.0.02? Has everyone configured the control surface in Live's Preferences -> Link MIDI section?

It needs to be selected as an Input and Output and Sync'd for the lights to work as expected.

upload_2018-6-7_11-47-48.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I'll double check

Thanks

7. Moffit

Moffit NI Product Owner

in step mode how do you get the sequencer to follow the page's ?

8. SchluppiBobbz

SchluppiBobbz New Member

Yes, it works! The only thing what was different in my settings was the "Output" category, which I hadn't set, as I thought I won't need any output to the jam. But this did it for me, thank you very much!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brian Barnett

Brian Barnett New Member

I use the left/right arrows on the d-pad to step to the next section of the sequence.

10. Brian Barnett

Brian Barnett New Member

No problem, I recently picked up a Jam - I just went crazy toggling all the MIDI options in Live until it started working - the NI Live setup guide isn't as clear as it could be at getting this going, especially for those of us new to their hardware!

11. DmfMusic

DmfMusic New Member

Hello to all
    I'm new to the forum
    I'm owner of Maschine MK-1 and recently bought Maschine jam mainly to control ableton live.
    I'm having a lot of trouble with the "machine jam" ableton live 9 and 10 templates.
    (No problem so far with mk1)

Jam seems to work fine at first but....
    as soon as I start switching into pad mood or step it won't deactivate them or return back (Buttons stay lit on, or won't show clips).
    The view with D pads starts to miss missbehave. As soon as I moved the view in any direction and it won't return or it won't go over any active clip.
    I've perform installation and uninstalled a few times following the instructions deleted the templates and copied them back in the correct folder Selected The right template under the editor. Verified everything is up-to-date with native access ....
    **I think I've done all the obvious (I'm not totally new in the digital audio world)
    But either I'm missing something or something is not working correctly**
    I can relate with most of the messages in this thread.
    Mac os 10.12.5/Live 10.0.1/
    NI acces1.6.0.68/ Editor2.2.4/
    live 10 template april18,2018

At least I would like to know if it's a software problem or if my jam "jammed"

Thanks in advance
    D

12. Emlyn

Emlyn New Member

Hey guys.
    I worked out another solution to get Maschine Jam and Live 10 talking to each other that was either an oversight on my behalf or was omitted from this forum as I couldn't find it here. But basically you need to open Control Editor and select Maschine Jam and add the Ableton Live 10 Template to each of the Maschine Jam scripts then do all the other stuff that is mentioned in this forum.
    I made a video and hopefully it's easy to follow and understand. It was literally driving me nuts for days to work it out.
    Here is the video:

13. Huiamike

Huiamike New Member

I have the exact same issues using Maschine Jam with the Ableton 9 template. Have tried so much troubleshooting. Beyond learning how to adjust the template script I don't know how to fix this.

14. White&Berg

White&Berg New Member

I am also curious if someone can shed some light on this

15. gummi

gummi NI Product Owner

Update to this issue (Shift + B not working for Solo/Mute/Arm): this is an issue with the template mapping provided by Native Instruments. Since there was no update to this topic I did some research on the mapping and it seems that there is a feature called 'user mode' (*) that is supposed to be activated with Shift+B - and this will override any other functionality (eg Solo/Mute/Arm multiple tracks with Shift).
    I've now reverse engineered the latest Live 9.x mapping and disabled the 'user mode' (it is not fully implemented anyway) and now the Shift+B is working like a charm. I'm still doing some testing if the template has any other issues that I could fix. :)
    Regarding the Live 10 - I can't say anything since I'm still using Live 9 but in case the issue is there as well it is most likely caused by the same thing...

(*) Dear NI people: if you read this - please switch the 'user mode' toggle to some other button that is not conflicting with other features.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Philippe

Philippe NI Product Owner

Will you update us with results ?

17. Huiamike

Huiamike New Member

That's awesome man! If you had time could you take a look at this issue below with Live 9 too? I assume everyone has the same bug. Would really appreciate if you could upload your edited script too!

Attached Files:

18. gummi

gummi NI Product Owner

Funny that you asked. This was a strange behaviour I noticed too before I started hacking the template. What I've seen in the code - I can't find any obvious reason that would trigger this. But the good news is that after now some quick testing with my modified template (disabled the 'user mode' that was conflicting) I haven't seen this issue anymore!

I also just implemented Audio Effect loading from Jam into selected track since that was the feature I was mostly looking for. I need to do some testing & documentation still before I can release the mapping but sure I'm going to give it to you as well.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Huiamike

Huiamike New Member

Thank you so much! Looking forward to it....

20. Philippe

Philippe NI Product Owner

Let’s hope it’s not an April’s fool :eek: