1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Maschine Jam Ableton 10 Template PROBLEM

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Gōreme, Mar 13, 2018.

1. gummi

gummi NI Product Owner

No it is not. :)

This is only tested with Live 9 so this is not so much related to the original Live 10 problem but I will see if I can take a look of the Live 10 template later on as well.

But basically I fixed some of the issues with NI's original Live 9.x template and as a new feature I implemented Audio + MIDI effect loading. More details can be found at: http://haxorroxor.com/post/184133171015/hxr-jam

• Like Like x 2
  2. gummi

gummi NI Product Owner

I recently updated to Live 10 and faced issues with the current Ableton Live 10 template that NI provides. I did some changes to the template and added possibility for loading Audio Effects, MIDI Effects and Instruments and also created new Pad Layout. More details can be found at: https://haxorroxor.com/post/186562511605/hxr-jam-for-live-10

• Like Like x 3
  3. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Wow amazing. Cant wait to try that.

Would there be anyway to replace stock plugins by third party plugins in some line of codes ?

4. gummi

gummi NI Product Owner

I haven’t tested loading anything else than Live’s own devices but I will give it a try later and will update after I see how it goes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Seta

Seta NI Product Owner

How nice , you did it!! Did you use NI´s Ableton live 10 or Ableton live 10 M4L template as a starting point?

6. gummi

gummi NI Product Owner

It’s the one that comes with latest Controller Editor (from NI). I’m not sure what is the m4l template and how it works. Any link to share?

7. Seta

Seta NI Product Owner

Easy to see, when you open Native instruments controller editor there are 2 factory templates for maschine jam, one is called "Ableton live 10" and the other "Ableton live M4L"; I believe it was created with isotonik studios assistance (at least this is what a friend told me). That one allows to load isotonik studios max for live devices (aka Arcade series returns)

Maybe you two should team up..both of you have great ideas..

8. Et_Voila

Et_Voila NI Product Owner

Hi,

I just went to Native Access, I have controleur editor 2.4.0.
    This is what I see when I open it up: Did I messed up things in there ?
    Does this look 'normal' to you ?
    If not, where can I download the ones you're talking about ?

Edit: ok : That was the answer to my question I guess ?
    https://haxorroxor.com/post/186562511605/hxr-jam-for-live-10
    ???

Edit 2 : Thanks to Gummi for the template, and Seta for his time...

....Can't even remember if I have to plug the Jam before opening the editor template_ff.jpg ...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  9. mccy

mccy New Member

YES!!! Thank you so much for the new script to use SHIFT B!!!!!
    Wow!!! Thank you!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Et_Voila

Et_Voila NI Product Owner

Damn....So many YESSSSSS!!!!!

I got to try now!

THANKX GAIN GUYS:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

This template is just amazing, it truly start to unlock the true potential of Jam. That is amazing

Thanks a lot for this !!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Is the user mode for light show on the Jam ?

13. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

Thanks also from my side. I got some cheap second-hand JAM just for this purpose and I really like it. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

This template is somehow confllicting with my apc40. I need to find out how and why

15. gummi

gummi NI Product Owner

Can you share any details? What is conflicting and when this occurs?

16. gummi

gummi NI Product Owner

I'm just trying to add some small things to the template so in case you have any ideas / feature requests - feel free to tell me and I will take a look if I can add those into the template. :)

17. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Good job! :thumbsup:
    Consider opening your own thread about your template so it doesn't get amongst unrelated posts.

18. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

This seems to be an issue introduced in the previous live beta version. It has been fixed so all is ok now

19. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Well, if you think it is doable to load third party plugins in the same fashion that would be great. Like replacing plugin names in your line of codes so we could customize our own maybe ?:)

20. gummi

gummi NI Product Owner

Yes - I'm just working on it and I can confirm that it will be available at the next version. Most likely it requires you to modify the code to include your plugins but it should be doable.