1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Maschine loop triggered by pedal?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Way~D, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Way~D

Way~D New Member

I'm playing guitar in guitar rig and recording the loop to a sound but i can't keep letting go of the guitar to trigger the next loop, I see they have that pedal option which i know is meant for a sustain pedal but figured that would be a great use for a footswitch there also. Is there a way to do this? ultimately be able to use the new loop feature and step on a pedal plugged into the "Pedal" port and it starts recording the next loop? if not man they are missing out on a cool way to integrate that with other multi instrumentalist.

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Hello,

easyyyyyy hahahaha - rip off a mouse and only leave the left mouse button - plug it in as second mouse and if the curser is above record button in the sampler then you can use your foot to start next loop - cheap solution.
    Or buy a midi foot controller witch you can set individually in midi translator as midi in device and then the same as above, midi translator can change midi messages into key commands, mouse moves or just press mouse button.

Uwe

3. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Or just use the footswitch input with a momentary footswitch in SAMPLING mode, as per section 16.2.5 in that manual thing:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

ohh cool then native has it already implemented - never used it (as an excuse) - and additionally had some crazy ideas without any need
    oh man ;-) ;-)

Uwe

ahh now i got it maybe the op forgot to set it to pattern mode so it creates another pattern for every take??

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  5. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Native MIDI mapping of these functions and parameters is still very much needed though for komplete kontrol of the possibilities.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

so as said above you have to set mode to loop and target to take or pattern then it saves the takes in the one sampler as takes or creates a new pattern for every take. To at least say something usefull ;-).

Uwe

7. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

I am surprised that NI has still not released a Native dual switch pedal for the Maschine hardware.
    Production cost in china 1 $ sales price worldwide 15 $.

René

• Like Like x 2
  8. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

do you know if it works with switch pedal and also with expression pedal??

9. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

If NI were were to produce add-on hardware for MASCHINE, I'd hope it would be more functional and innovative than just a footswitch (dual or otherwise) that can already be purchased without the NI logo and for cheaper than NI would actually sell it for (i.e., >$15).

Haven't tried it, though I'd guess it will work with a switched pedal, but you'd have to press it twice (on/off equivalent to a press/release of a momentary pedal). And I'd doubt it's set up to receive an expression pedal, but possibly. I haven't tried it or checked the manual for that myself.

10. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Thanks Mr36 for the answer I will buy both and a switch pedal and a expression pedal

Uwe

11. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

And I found a cool roland pedal that can be a switch or a expression pedal, really cool and only around 40 bugs.

Uwe

12. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

Anybody has recommendations for a foot switch which works well with Maschine’s audio looper?

13. Way~D

Way~D New Member

so when i first tried this when it was first announced it never worked. but this is one of the times they released an update and it did exactly what i wanted. Thanks NI, you can use a sustain pedal instead of a footswitch also. doesn't have to be one of those popular boss FS6 A/B switches. a sustain pedal works fine.

14. macchinista

Thanks, great to know. Curious if you can still trigger the audio looper recording when the foot pedal is connected to a Komplete Kontrol keyboard and not to the Maschine. I might have to try that....

15. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

Can you provide a link to a usable dual pedal.
    I think that would make a large group of people happy.

René

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  16. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

Here is the type of foot switch I use, mine is about 30 years old and works flawlessly. I actually have 2. And I use stereo splitter cable in reverse to plug into the Maschine. In normal mode, they act as Play and Record switches, in sampler mode one works as the loop record trigger control...

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Su...&qid=1576414989&sprefix=sustain+pedal&sr=8-29

Peace,

Blindeddie

17. macchinista

So I just got one of these -> https://www.amazon.com/Midiplus-SP-2-midiplus-Sustain-Pedal/dp/B00WU6FDOK
    but it's not working as I was hoping. When recording into the audio looper, it seems to take longer to start and stop the recording than when pressing the buttons "Start" and "Stop" directly on the Maschine. In particular, the stopping is always one bar longer than it needs to be. Super annoying. Am I doing something wrong or this sustain pedal implementation leaves much to be desired?

18. Mnoizz

Mnoizz New Member

Tested this last week, but no luck in triggering looper when pedal is connected to Komplete Kontrol keyboard S61 Mk2.
    I'm using Maschine Mikro Mk3 too, but this has no pedal input....

19. macchinista

Yes, I can confirm. You can't trigger the looper when connecting the sustain to a KK keyboard. Kind of expected, but it would have been nice indeed.

Luckily I have an MK3, not the Mikro. However, I think I prefer triggering the looper with the buttons instead of the pedal. I might have to spend more time practicing and maybe I get the hang of it, but it's not love at first try, that's for sure.

20. Way~D

Way~D New Member

yea when i put mine in "free mode" when i press to stop with the sustain pedal it does take a minute. i have been learning how to time it lol. but now i have another issue. when i record my loop it doesn't play the first beat the first time around. but after it loops it catches everything...i dont know if that makes sense... lets say i play whole notes on each beat of a 4 beat bar. it will miss the first one (only the first time it loops) and then it will be there when the loop repeats there after. anyone else having this issue?