Maschine Mackie Control with Reaper

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by anom360, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anom360

anom360 New Member

I'm trying to get the Maschine Mackie control template to work in Reaper. Does not seem to work. Has anyone successfully done this?

2. sleen

sleen NI Product Owner

Sure

Hi, I had some success with the maschine controller in Reaper OSX.

In the reaper preferences make sure you have the maschine midi in and out port enabled. Then go into the control surface prefs and add a Mackie Control, selecting those same midi port for communication.

Trying this out, I found that the volumes worked fine, but some other settings didn't work. I also found that selecting multiple tracks at once and changing volumes resulted in unpredictable relative fader moves that also caused up to 30% increased CPU use on my computer.

I also tried the template in logic, and found that there was more feedback to the controller, and more things worked.

I also tried the template with RME Totalmix, and this works quite well with full LC Display support enabled in the totalmix prefs (This means more talking back to the controller for info and status messages). This is cool because totalmix has zero latency monitoring and having some hardware to access that is handy.

I also noticed in the case of logic and reaper, the maschine Loop button turns the metronome on and off, instead of cycle or loop mode.

Hope this helps,

jonathan adams leonard

3. anom360

anom360 New Member

Definitely! Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.