Solved Maschine micro mk3 midi

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Stephen Scheets, Sep 18, 2018.

1. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Okay, I understand. Thanks for your time and reply, Toby. I am happy to know about the next plans and I am looking forward to the upcoming additions.

I will be getting Mikro MK3 in my hands in December only (my brother will be bringing it for me) and probably won't be able to use it until the 1st week of Jan. 2019. Damn, it's too long a wait for me! :( But in the meantime I will keep a close eye on the new updates. :)

Regards

2. Toby @ NI

Toby @ NI NI Product Owner

Hi everyone, as requested here is the MIDI Mapping:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Toby @ NI

You shouldn't have to do any extra setup on Windows, just run update or install through Native Access and everything should work. I think X-Raym's solution is fixed now.

4. Toby @ NI

You're Welcome! Happy to help when I can :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Although you don't yet have pages of pads and buttons to use, the current static MIDI mode allows you to use all the controls for REAPER's actions (and it's not only CC messages you can use for those).

6. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

I'd say there certainly is and a good CE implementation could even get non-Maschine users buying a MM3 just as a good quality MIDI controller. But without the flexibility, they'll go elsewhere.

I'd like to see...
    • LOGO button = "CHANNEL" (defaulting to Output level or last selected channel parameter on same Sound/Group level)
    • Shift+BROWSE = Recent projects
    • Shift+STAR = Save project
    • PLUGIN to select Sound level of hierarchy, but recall prior position e.g., cutoff of Filter plugin (parameter level), as opposed to the plugin level if the filter cutoff was the last selected parameter.
    • GROUP+PLUGIN = Group level of hierarchy
    • Shift+LOCK = Ext lock (at least locks 1-16)
    • Touchstrip options for when no function selected e.g., controls currently selected parameter (for alternative to notched encoder) or transmits user-defined CC
    • Arrows in PATTERN/SCENE/SECTION modes to select Pattern/Scene/Section banks
    :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. X-Raym

X-Raym NI Product Owner

Only
    Only MIDI CC can be mapped to reaper actions. So remapping would be very nice.

EDIT: Nope, even notes can be linked too !

Yes, having pages would be very nice !

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  8. X-Raym

X-Raym NI Product Owner

I retried on the original port and it works fine. In fact, I think I just needed to restart the computer after maschine update. Well, no matter what is the problem, as long as it is now fixed without too much trouble.

9. X-Raym

X-Raym NI Product Owner

Just a small precision about how Maschine CC buttons works with MIDI Mode:
    • If button is Off, pressing it will trigger a 127 value MIDI event and button will light up
    • If button is On, pressing it will trigger a 0 value MIDI event and button will shut down

10. LoveEnigma

Do you use FL Studio 20? If so, could you please share how does Mikro MK3 work with it, especially with the new MIDI mode?

Thanks!

11. X-Raym

X-Raym NI Product Owner

@Enigma_K I don't use FL Studio but it shouldn't be that different from REAPER, basically In MIDI Mode:
    1. Plug Mikro
    2. Run your DAW software
    3. Activate Maschine Mikro MK3 in MIDI devices
    4. For pads, record arm an track with the right input / For CC, in REAPER, if they are link to REAPER Actions, you don't need the track, just pressing CC will do it.
    Special to REAPER:
    • If you need to remap some note, REAPER has a lot of JSFX effects to route MIDI notes, to transpose/convert MIDI incoming to tracks.
    • you can link CC to parameter FX with the Learn function,
    • You can link MIDI to actions
    • There is also the ReaLearn extension which allows even more parameter linking parameters (like linking to track volume, but within a certain range). I successfully linked the perform FX Strip and the Knob to track volume with it :)
    MIDI mode allows a lot of flexibility, I'm glad it's already there :p For eg, I can link the Knob to a all-notes MIDI transposer, to change Pads roots. Handy !

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Are you sure this isn't only true for some actions i.e., continuous controller parameters e.g., levels?

• Like Like x 1
  13. X-Raym

X-Raym NI Product Owner

Damn, I just try to link Notes to regular actions it worked ! I don't know what I missed last time.
    It seems that every actions CAN be linked to a MIDI note. Cool :p

14. LoveEnigma

Thanks, I appreciate your detailed reply. However, I think I will get the best idea when I actually use it, i.e. what I can do and not with FL Studio.

15. X-Raym

X-Raym NI Product Owner

Note About Maschine Mikro MIDI:
    • Shift + Button doesn't trigger any CC event.
    • Shift PAD works but it trigger the same Note than Pad alone.

It would be nice if it could trigger another event, to extend even more Maschine MIkro MK3 controller abilities (it will basically double the number of CC available).

16. moss

moss NI Product Owner

I would like to implement a bit more sophisticated support for Bitwig and Reaper. I do not necessarily need an editor but 3 changes would be very helpful:
    1) Make the knob send relative values!
    2) Make the cursor buttons send CC values
    3) Make the Shift button send a CC value

and is there a way to turn the 16 pad LEDs on/off?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  17. X-Raym

X-Raym NI Product Owner

This is possible in REAPER when you link a parameter or an action to a CC to set that it is relative.
    But if you need even more advanced CC mapping in REAPER, you can you ReaLearn VST, you will have fine tunning of your mapping (like setting an minimum/maximum, etc)
    The shift key has the potential to extends other buttons (like maybe having an cotave shift with the pads for eg ?) so it shouldn't send any signal IMHO, else we will lose a lot of possibilities.

18. X-Raym

X-Raym NI Product Owner

For those who use REAPER or ReaPlugs VST with windows host, I made a quick note remapper effects, with the Maschine Mikro Mk3 in mind.
    This allows quick remapping of notes send by the pad.
    You can download it via REAPER Reapack extension. The effects is named X-Raym_16 pads MIDI Notes map.jsfx.
    [​IMG]

Enjoy !

PS: this doesn't replace the need to have Control Editor for this device, as this software is way more powerful that a simple note remapper.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  19. moss

moss NI Product Owner

Thanks, for the hint but that's not what I am after. However, I found a workaround how to convert absolute to relative myself.

Since it currently does absolutely nothing you do not loose anything :)

There are two options:
    1) Shift sends a CC (like all other buttons but with 127 on press and 0 on release!): This way programmers can get the state
    2) All buttons, pads and the encoder send a different CC (pads send notes on a different MIDI channel) when Shift is pressed: Can be used by everyone for mapping the double amount of controls.
    You can also add 1) to 2), which would be even better.

• Like Like x 1
  20. elseland

elseland New Member

I'd just like to put out a vote for CE integration. The Maschine Mikro MK3 is an awesome controller and I'd love to be able to use it with other software, such as Kontakt. Having a static note range for the pads is really unfortunate. :(

• Like Like x 2