1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Maschine MK3(the controller) freezes! Am I alone?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Hao Wang, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

Tried an USB-C Adapter today, plugged into an USB-C port, didn't work again on the first start

2. mangoblack

mangoblack NI Product Owner

I'm having to re-boot in order for Logic to recognize the MK3. Logic won't see it in either remote or MIDI mode.

Mojave 10.14.3
    Maschine 2.8

3. shamoo!

shamoo! NI Product Owner

Hi guys,
    I am having this problem to. I'm on win10 lenovo yoga 720 which has a
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2GB GDDR5) and Intel HD Graphics 630

9 times out of 10 when i open the maschine software I need to reboot the hardware for it to be picked up.

Did you guys find an answer or possible cause of this?

4. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

Is there still enough free space on the hard disk?

René

5. shamoo!

shamoo! NI Product Owner

yes there is gigabytes of free space on the laptop drive. I don't really have much installed apart from maschine and a few additional vsts. I didn't even installed all the free packages (sample libraries) that cone with maschine. Just the bare bones essentials.

6. René must be Unique

Have you tried to reinstall Maschine?

Rene

7. shamoo!

shamoo! NI Product Owner

No not yet, I am hesitant to do that as I've spent a fair amount of time setting things up.

Do you think that could be an issue?, as everything works perfectly when the device is restarted and the application itself never crashes that I've come across.

You mentioned removing a specific windows update KB....... Did that solve the issue for you? Maybe I will try that first

8. René must be Unique

Maschine is not only the music software but also installs the hardware drivers.
    You can use the reinstal option in NA. Turn off the Maschine hardware if you do this!

René

9. DynaMaltee

DynaMaltee NI Product Owner

10. shamoo!

shamoo! NI Product Owner

OK guys, thanks for the tips. All my software is fully up to date as if this morning so I will give the reinstall option a go and see how that works.

And if that doesn't work I'll do an install on my desktop to see if that replicate its.

Thanks I'll report back if I have any access for others that might cone across this thread. :thumbsup:

11. db3

db3 New Member

Same issue with newly purchased Maschine 3, running as plugin in Ableton Live on Mac.

12. DamianD

DamianD New Member

My Mk3 worked fine for 18 months (on Win 10) and then stopped working recently. The software works fine 100% of the time.
    At first using the controller encoders would randomly lock up the hardware and, almost like a macro running, 8 groups would be created, perform fx added to the last group and it would go into record mode. I could undo the changes via the software but the mk3 would be locked.
    Now when I switch it on it will either work for a few seconds/minutes before doing the above (whether I touch the mk3 or not!) or, straight from power on none of the controls work except the pads for changing sound slots.
    I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled, tried usb2/3 ports and different cables and it's still the same. Raised a ticket 3 weeks ago but support have been poor (obvious why with this weeks news), 1 week to tell me they are busy then another with a diagnostic script to run, nothing since.

13. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

This happens to me occasionally too, (mac) not too often, it happens in some USB ports more than others and HUB's increase its chance of happening from my experience.

I think windows has a USB power-saving option, in whatever place the driver/devices show (dont remember the name, it's been more than a decade since i used windows) I would look for that, tweak it and see if it makes any difference.

14. baridw1

baridw1 NI Product Owner

Yes I have this issue as well on an I7 iMac running the latest version of High Sierra and Maschine 2.8.4. I have to turn Machine off then back on for it to work. I think it started after the 2.8.4 update or possibly 2.8.3 but it didn't happen previous to that. Actually now that I think about it I started noticing it after the latest Logic X update that added the feature that disables plugins on tracks that are not in use.

15. shamoo!

shamoo! NI Product Owner

I only use the maschine software as my DAW and get the issue, and considering this seems to affect windows/Mac. It sounds more likely to be a hardware issue unless all our computers use the same USB chips within them.

As a matter of interest do we all run the mk3 directly from a USB port on the computer, and does anyone have the issue when maschine is also plugged in with the power adapter?

I've removed it completely from my laptop as I'm building a new PC just for audio and am not bothered to have it running on both so can't test myself at the moment.

But would be interested in others findings for when my build is done. I'll have to dig out the power brick for maschine.

16. shamoo!

shamoo! NI Product Owner

That behaviour sounds fucked up o_O

It sounds like its loading a template with groups and fx etc... I assume you have checked the load on start options. But I don't think those settings would persist if you have done a complete reinstall unless that didn't uninstall properly or something.

17. DamianD

DamianD New Member

Yeah I was convinced there must be a corrupted template file hidden somewhere but I finally managed to borrow another Windows 10 laptop to test with a clean install and it does exactly the same!
    It can only be they mk3 at fault - must say I would never buy hardware again from NI, I shouldn't have to harass them on social media to get a response to a ticket a month after I raised it. Shocking customer service regardless of their current situation. Still waiting to hear what they intend to do next.

18. baridw1

baridw1 NI Product Owner

It's happening in stand alone as well I just tried it on an iMac i7 32mb running High Sierra OS X.13.6. Easy enough to turn the machine off/on as a workaround but annoying none the less. 2: I quit the app and opened it again and the controller worked as expected.
    3:Opened logic with Maschine as a plugin and it worked again. 4: Shut down the computer and started back up. Launched Logic X with Maschine as a plugin and the problem was back. The controller is frozen until I turn it off/on. 5:Quit logic and opened Maschine in Stand alone the controller is frozen again. 6. This time leaving the controller frozen and powered on, I quit the Maschine app and reopened it. The controller is frozen until I power cycle it.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  19. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

On Windows (10 Pro) this has happened to me but only very occaisionally and reinserting the usb usually clears it. Annoyingly though I've never found out what set of actions might lead to it to report it.

20. René must be Unique

Check the energy management settings of the USB hubs in the device manager.
    At all usb hubs I have set the energy management as follows.
    This device may wake the computer, and
    The computer may turn off this device to save energy
    both are off.

René

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1