Maschine Mk3 w/superior drummer 3

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by NIAX, Feb 21, 2019.

1. NIAX

NIAX New Member

Hi everybody,

I need to control my superior drummer 3 software with the Maschine Mk3 (the big one, not Mikro).

Starting hard- and software, Maschine detects SD3 (even shows it on its own display) but I can
    only route the complete set to one pad and have no idea how I can route the single drum parts
    to a single pad each (such as pad 1: Bassdrum, pad 2: Snare, pad 3: HiHat open... and so on).

I've already seen a few tutorials on YT but they've made it with the Maschine Studio, not the Mk3.
    And - as far as I tried - it is not possible to use the same path.

Would be great if anybody could help. Preferably for dummies (step 1:.., step 2: ...) ;)

Many thanks in advance for your help!

2. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

If you press the keyboard button on the maschine, does it work?

René

3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

4. NIAX

NIAX New Member

Hi René!

Thanx for your reply! When I use keyboard-mode I get different sounds on the pads, but I'm not able to bring them to the sounds I need. E.g. I have six different HiHat-Sounds on pads 1 - 6 but cannot put another sound on it... If I use the "octave"-buttons, all sounds changing, not just the one of the pad I have activated. And, I cannot see what sound would be put on the pad.

Krgds, NIAX

5. NIAX

NIAX New Member

Hi D-One!

Also thank you for your reply!

I already have seen this page, but when I try to use the settings described, it ends at the "midi"-point. I have chosen "output", get on "midi" and then there's no possibility to select the superior drummer, as described in your link... Could it be a setting issue, somewhere in the preferences e.g?

Krgds, NIAX

6. D-One

Hi. No problem.
    Superior Drummer, has to be in the same Group has the Pads you're trying to map to it, is it?

7. NIAX

NIAX New Member

Hi,

Thank you again! :thumbsup:

Yes it is. And now I can choose the sounds for each pad by using the "octave" or "semitone"-buttons. So, this is a big step and in principle it works as I wanted it to do! :)

To sum up: I am in Group B, pad mode, have superior drummer on pad 1 and midi output shows "Maschine mk3" under "Dest."
    When I go to pad 2, midi output shows (amongst Maschine) "SD3" and I can choose the sound for this pad I like to.

So far everything is fine! But - as soon a I choose pad 2 or further, the virtual drumkit disappears (it's only visible while playing pad 1). And if I choose Maschine (as under pad 1), I get no sound...

But generally this is no problem as I can arrange the drumset on pad one and then only work with the sounds on the other pads. It would be just more comfortable if I would see the kit...

However, maybe I find a solution for this issue by myself.

Thanks a lot to everyone who helped and If I can do someday I also will! :)

I will try to learn a bit more with this setup and if I come to borders, I will get back here. :rolleyes:

Have a nice weekend! NIAX

8. D-One

The Pad that contains the Instrument right? Remap MIDI inside superior Drummer so that Pad can trigger one of the drum pieces, I cant guide on that because I don't own the instrument but should be easy to do.

That's because for some silly reason that no one really understands Maschine can only Pin plugins made by Native instruments, anything from 3rd party developers cant be pinned, so when you press other Pads the plugin disappears... Quite annoying.
    Feel free to express your anger here ::https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/pin-able-3rd-party-plugins.316629/
    :D

9. komposer

komposer NI Product Owner

Hey NIAX,
    Did you manage to save the Group? I my case it won't save the Output MIDI Dest for each pad, I had to save the entire project to avoid having to enter the Output MIDI Dest every time I open the Group

Attached Files:

10. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

Super
    Superior Drummer uses its own proprietary midi mapping, so you need to set it to use the GM Extended Midi note Mapping and it will work right out of the box without having to remap manually. In SD, click the "Mapping" button at the top left, then you should see the MIDI Keyboard at the bottom, click "Preset" --> "Midi" --> "Note Mapping" and select "GM Extended". Now the pads should play the appropriate drum sounds... Hope that helps!

Forgot to mention, Make sure you set the root note for all pads to C1 or you will get strange results!:eek:

Attached Files:

11. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

When you load the group from the group browser, is the “routing” button selected? ( to the left of pattern button at the bottom of the browser). If that is not selected, it will load default routings...not what you want...when selected, it will load the routings saved in the group...

Peace,

Blindeddie!