1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Maschine mk3 with protools

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Jakebake, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Jakebake

Jakebake New Member

Hey guys! So I just got the Maschine mk3 with komplete 12 pack and it's awesome! Big learning curve as I havent used anything like this before. I'm primarily a guitar player.

What is the best way to use the mk3 and maschine 2 inside of protools? I also have addictive drums 2 that I like to use for drums. I know I can play stuff into maschine and then send it out as a wav file or make separate tracks but is there a way to get the midi into protools if I want to edit it later through there or if I sent it to someone who doesn't have maschine? Can I sync tempo and the count in with protools so pressing play will start both?

I also had a mikro and took it back for th4 mk3 and I was able to see addictive drums 2 inside of maschine 2 but now it's not there?

Lastly, if I was to take the mk3 to a band members house can I download all programs onto their computer and use it there if I am signed into my account?

I basically am just trying to figure out the best workflow with the mk3 and protools. For the music I write I will always have guitar, bass, drums etc and the maschine will be more for added sounds like keys, strings, bass lines etc

2. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

The mk3 has no sounds in it. If you take to band members house you need to log into NI software center with your account to download the software and expansions. Aka you are giving the band member your NI account. Not good.

3. Jakebake

Jakebake New Member

Well it's also my friend of many years so it's not a big deal lol. Just wondering if it's possible. Can native access only be logged in once place at a time though? I mean seems like a legitimate use case for something portable like this and using it in a band situation.

Anyone on the protools situation?

Also I was wondering if I change the pad location of the different drums in a drum kit can I save this so all drum kits load like that?

4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Cant help you with pro tools.
    On using your friend's computer thing: just be aware... There's a limit on how many computers your account can be active (2 or 3, not sure) and sharing accounts is not technically allowed, I would tell him not to use the products when you're not together to avoid problems. Up to you.