MASCHINE or Traktor Kontrol s4

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by zcampbell, Jun 30, 2012.

1. zcampbell

zcampbell New Member

I've been playing various instruments for years, and in recent times I've become ever more interested in Digital music production but i'm not really sure what i need. Would it be better to first buy a MASCHINE to start making my own music or should I get the the Traktor Kontrol s4?

2. Pjotr123

Pjotr123 NI Product Owner

Maschine and the S4 are used for two different concepts. If you want to go into music production, my suggestion would be Maschine as a first step. If you want to go into mixing music, the S4 is a great product. They can work very well together though.

3. marleymarl

marleymarl New Member

forget both and get Logic Pro or Cubase

4. zcampbell

zcampbell New Member

Thanks, i appreciate your respose. But just to be clear, the s4 is only for mixing music already created right?

5. DjKilla

DjKilla Forum Member

the s4 is good for making mashups and remixes. but yes its mostly for playing already made tracks!

Maschine is deffinetly great for producing and you can still play your tracks with traktor without having a controller. I think it might even be possible to map maschine to use it with traktor? but dont quote me :)