Maschine showing {reserved1} etc. control for first Block.

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by AsylumSpeaker, Mar 11, 2019.

1. AsylumSpeaker

AsylumSpeaker New Member

Hi everyone.

I'm having a problem with assigning parameters for a Blocks Ensemble in Maschine. I'm following the correct process for mapping parameters:

1. Sort and Compress the Block's ID's
    2. Choose a Max ID for the Block equal to the number of params I want mapped
    3. Set each individual control with an ID number counting up from 1
    4. Use Instrument Up to sort the Blocks into order, left to right in the mapped controls in Maschine. (And in Komplete Kontrol also.)
    I'm seeing the first Block, regardless of the order, the Block chosen or the number of mapped parameters showing all of its parameters as {reserved1}, [reserved2}, etc. Then all subsequent Blocks work as expected with controls mapped, named and functional. Is there a known issue with this, or is there something I'm missing? Other ensembles I've mapped in this way work fine, with no {reservedX} controls.

The instrument Base ID is 0, Max ID is 2. The first control is ID 1 Global ID1, and the second control is ID 2 Global ID 2.

Reaktor 6.2.2
    Maschine 2.7.10

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  2. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

I guess you have read the «Diver Deeper » manual, starting p.35 ?

3. AsylumSpeaker

AsylumSpeaker New Member

Thanks for replying.

I understand that they're not assigned, but in order to assign the first two controls my understanding was that the Block Base ID should be 0, and the Max ID for the Block should be 2, with the desired controls' IDs 1 and 2 respectively. This is how the manual describes the process. When I follow the process for any block in the ensemble, the first block, with Global ID numbers counting from 1, 2, ....N, are all reserved. All other blocks are OK. Am I not doing this correctly?

How should the Ensemble level Automation Max ID be set? Changing it will change the {reserved1} to {unused} but otherwise all the above behaviour is identical.

4. AsylumSpeaker

AsylumSpeaker New Member

Ah, solved it! The Ensemble level controls do reserve themselves even if those controls don't exist in the ensemble. Changing the Ensemble Base ID to a high enough value to move it out of the way fixed the issue. I believe with changes to the Ensemble Base ID, the Base IDs don't update the way they do with other changes to the Base ID of other Instruments. This leads to identical Base ID numbers being possible for the Ensemble and and Instrument, but not for an Instrument and another Instrument. Then whatever Instrument shares a Base ID with the Ensemble itself has its controls appear as {reserved}.

Thanks for the help, regardless!

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

I hope it's not the case for you, but manual say : "If you find that automation for the control still does not work, then it is possible that automation has been blocked for that control by the builder of the Ensemble, which usually means that automating this control might cause problems."

6. AsylumSpeaker

AsylumSpeaker New Member

It's not the case for me, and besides the Blocks, there are no controls to block or otherwise. Thanks.

Tags: