Maschine Studio gone from Sweetwater

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by basehead617, Jun 14, 2019.

1. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

Just got the new Sweetwater catalog and noticed the Studio wasn’t on the NI Maschine page anymore. Doesn’t always mean anything since they don’t have everything in the catalog, but just went to the site and it’s gone from the site too.

So it is officially discontinued. If it was just out of stock they would say so.

2. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Many retailers still have it tho... I doubht it still sell enough units to justify having stock or restoking it in case retailers are out of units.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

Or it is the earth shattering beginning of a new era......V2 :D

5. tempsperdu

Anyone would think that October was a month when things happened.........

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

NI can of course not lag behind the colleague brands.
    The stand-alone Maschine is coming.
    Whether that is already in the month of October I do not know, I think I was dreaming.

René

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  7. D-One

Whats an Independent Maschine? The Terminator?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

I think he meant the other maschine

giphy (1).gif

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. tempsperdu

I think it's a Rollator with a copy of Studio across the top........................................:oops:o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. awol9000

awol9000 NI Product Owner

My source says there will be multiple editions of Maschine Studio MK2. A version for Apple and Windows. Apple has the standard 3 midi out ports but Windows now only has one. o_O

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Studio 2 hopefully with a standalone away from the software... with 2tb of storage.. well optional..

12. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

How you getting on with the MPC? Even if a studio V2 did drop I’d be cool on it unless it was under 700 bucks. Honestly not even sure I’d cop considering the moves the make. I’m more interested in the development of the software with the current library of theirs I own. Not about to hop on hype train again.

• Like Like x 1
  13. certifiedbeatz

Love my MPC X few more software tweaks and im happy.. only thing i want from maschine is it to open it up to other hardware. I wouldn't pay for another controller with the same software functions..

• Like Like x 1
  14. D-One

Hum... So, you're not happy with the software but would be happy with a standalone version of it? Careful with what you wish for. By nature, Standalones are usually simpler and have fewer functions so a standalone would actually be worst than the tethered-software (aside from the fact one wouldn't need a computer plugged in, that's cool i guess)

If a standalone version comes out with worst software than what we have I'll travel to Germany with a baseball bat :mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. certifiedbeatz

Love it u need to travel there for all the headaches over the years.. the software is the same as hardware.. I'm looking for mcu protocol a better way to record to daw and I'm good.. took 9 years and your tutorial to do it with maschine.. just to be clear I'm an MPC guru that what i started with so of course I'm bias. I took the leap 5 years back and was okay with maschine just not what I'm use to.. love the libraries and to be real its the only thing hold them afloat not the online subscription..

I notice alot I'm in my post oh well..lol.....

16. D-One

I understand, nothing wrong with that but I am not sure how a standalone hw version would help with what you need/want.
    I can imagine a standalone but not one that could actually use the libraries (Kontakt, Reaktor, dependent instruments..), standalone and VST dont go together unless NI has some sort of new way of dealing with that issue that no company has so far... I guess they could slap a full-blown computer inside it but then the number of instruments we could use would be limited to whatever specs they pick, not to mention put it in the 1500$-2000$ range.

17. Masch1ne

Masch1ne NI Product Owner

What? :eek: NI says its the FLAGSHIP!

How dare you stand against our plastic audio overlords! :mad:

For this they shall strike more hardware upon you (no updates)!

:p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. certifiedbeatz

Maybe version 2.8.2.3.4.5.6..

But another 1000 for a nice colorful plastic controller.. with the same software..

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

The only way to make a standalone Maschine is to build a PC into the box, which will make it a lot bigger and heavier, and if you want it to run more than a handful of software instruments at the same time, it'll have a fan too. Are you sure you actually want this product?

• Like Like x 1
  20. D-One

A ton of people say yes, "it's cool to make beats in the toilet" then I see a bunch of standalone's out there and barely anyone buys them, its more of a niche than ever. Standalone enthusiasm seems to die real quick when it's actually time to open the wallet drop 1500$ to 3000$ on one.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1