Maschine Studio MKII

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Texas Red, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Texas Red

Texas Red New Member

Hey folks,

Ok so I knoooow Maschine MKIII just came out...I have a MKI (and love it) and want a Maschine Studio. DOES ANYONE KNOW OR HAVE A SPECULATION ON WHEN THEY MAY RELEASE THE HARDWARE FOR STUDIO MKII? I want to wait for the Studio MKII....I bought the KontrolS49 about 2 years ago from native and wasn't too impressed for my buck. Now there is a Kontrol MKII (no 25 version though-whyy!!)

Also been thinking about getting my first Traktor to perform live mixes of my scenes/patterns...I can wait on that but I tell you..I want the newest versions of hardware to be new for a bit. I haven't bought anything since S49 and purchased with faith that time around. What are the trends/how often do they release new hardware?

2. District Onagi

District Onagi NI Product Owner

There are many threads here about this if you do a search function, but NI is always very tight-lipped about things until they know it's going to come out (that has it's pluses and minuses obviously). NI won't talk about it, either, until they are ready (if they are at all).

They have not said anything about a Maschine Studio MKII, but I suspect (pure speculation, I have no knowledge) we will hear about one by this time next year. They released Jam around October last year, and Maschine MKIII/KK MKII same time this year.

Some people think that another Studio will not come out, I think they will. With Maschine, they are in the business of selling hardware to make money, and the software exists to control them, not the other way around.

3. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

It still fails me the enthusiasm in the user community for new controllers... any and all limitations in the environment are the software..

• Like Like x 5
  4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Maybe not everyone in the world agrees that those limitations are that serious....?
    (I do believe its a big issue btw)

5. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

D one the software limitation is big enough deal for me to sell my Studio and about to sell my K61.. had enough.... when your software is not working like it should.. your stuck with a pretty unusable controller .. all love D one..

6. D-One

I understand. I also have my beef's with the software, there's a lot I don't like too, mainly the development choices of what do or focus on. I don't complain as much because I moved on, I use it for what i think its good at and other software for what it cant do.
    But.... a lot of people are happy with it, just as the happy people cant claim everyone is happy the un-happy ones also cant claim everyone is unhappy... it's just logical, one persons opinion is not everyone else's.

"Not working" is a very strong statement, maybe it doesn't do what you want, or what you expected it to be able to do by now... but it certainly works, unless your unit was broken.

7. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Lol i know not working was a strong statment.. possibly why i was a beast in IT on the back end side.. because one thing i never liked was oh yea were looking into it.. 20 plus years shifted my focus now on Electrical Engineering. No excuses now ..lol

8. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

It's possible that I'll be using the current Maschine Studio ever (notice I took the "for" off the word). Because it's so epic!

9. ntula

ntula NI Product Owner

not for another none months at least... look of version 3 of maschine in late june to mid september.... maschine 3 will likely come out a few months before because a new studio would have new features...

btw, the mk1 does not work with macs, i should say may not with macbook pros because it does not work on mine and apple support confirmed it was the fault of the software missing a working driver, purchased after high sierra came out, so that made them obsolete until a compatible driver is released. so if you have a mk1, or maybe even a mk2, might want to hold off on getting a new mac with high sierra pre-installed. if you upgraded your mac to high sierra from sierra, you are likely fine.
    the mk3 does run prefectly on the 2017 macbook pro with high sierra though

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  10. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

I'm a beta tester and when I logged in today, I was asked a survey question: Do I own a MK3? I selected no and was asked why I don't own one? My response (I kept it simple) was that the Maschine Studio does everything I need at the moment and that I'm waiting for NI to release the Maschine Studio MK2. Now that I've had time to think about it, maybe I should have given a more detailed reason but I assume that a Maschine Studio MK2 is already in the works. Let's hope that other beta testers who also don't own the MK3 give some good reasons on why they don't own the new Maschine hardware.

11. D-One

Your not alone, many users prefer the Studio. The main reason why I personally upgraded was the smaller size of the MK3 and because i didn't really use the 'right' portion of the Studio much (with the exception of undo)

12. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

the beta stuff is meant to be kept a secret ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

For me between the MK3 vs Studio, it came down to what was faster. I think the workflow is faster on the MK 3. I think some like the Studio because the size, while they feel the MK 3 size is to small.

I think they will come out with a new one.

14. laserbeak

laserbeak NI Product Owner

With Jam Studio and a USB soundcard, I can't think of a reason to buy MK3 (unless I wanted portability). If Studio MK2 is the next release, I'll be waiting to evaluate the possibility of an upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Q. Do you own a MK3?
    A. No
    Q. Why?
    A. Because your sequencer software sucks!
    Q. Why does our software suck?

Tune in .. next week.. for the next thrilling episode..

16. skinswashdc

While the sequencer is not the best. It is still usable, it’s just a matter of spending more time with it.

17. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

But I didn't mention the secret energy drinks they're developing......oops!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. skinswashdc

Plenty of reasons to get the MK 3, but it depends on what you are doing/looking for.

19. laserbeak

laserbeak NI Product Owner

Right, I do like lots of MK3's features, but they're not enough for me to purchase. What reasons do/would you have?

• Like Like x 1
  20. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

^
    +1

• Like Like x 1