1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Bug Maschine V2 Multi Port MIDI Out (Windows)

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mystic38, Nov 26, 2014.

1. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

For the love of God can we please have somebody from NI comment?

This thread was created in 2014 but have been going on a lot longer than that. This is post 100. This is crazy.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 44FORGE

44FORGE Forum Member

If you would have done so yourself you would have noticed that I was posting here being on a windows machine in 2015! LOL
    All I am saying is that there is a good chance that midi feedback may be your issue. Please eliminate that first. Maybe, depending how important it is to you to make this work, consider using a mac. that's what I ultimately did and it seems to have worked.

3. CakeAlexS

Please... This is way off topic. Check the OP. This is a specific bug that needs to be fixed can we please stick to the actual issue. We don't need additional noise, this is not a troubleshooting thread. Either you can reproduce the specific issue (see OP) or you can't on windows. As you are no longer a Windows user this is no longer your problem.

Edit.. You have been told this before...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

Its a shame this is still there... really really tiresome..

NI does have some form of "explanation" (that i don't buy as DAWs do not have this issue) and have a workaround for this involving a registry hack to disable midi timestamping..but in my case i an totally unwilling to hack the registry on my main studio computer when i have a sizable amount of midi gear..

• Like Like x 1
  5. 44FORGE

44FORGE Forum Member

Don't take my attempts to help then and just ignore something which turned out solving it for me. I am quite alright with that.

6. CakeAlexS

Please stop hijacking the thread, you use a Mac - this isn't your problem. This is about an already reproducible bug (read the OP). Many thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. CakeAlexS

Just to repeat earlier - NI hasn't even commented about this yet here. It's high time they at least recognise this Windows bug here on this thread and tell us what the next step is. All they've done so far is ignore and hoping this will go away... it isn't.

Editing the registry is not a solution, NO other sequencer I own makes me do this. There is clearly something wrong.

8. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Your solutions are not for this problem. MIDI feedback has nothing to do with it. Your issues(s) were not the same as this one.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Well, it is a solution. It fixes the problem. It just potentially leads to others. So it's just not a good solution. :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. CakeAlexS

It's a workaround at best imho, and not something I will try.

11. CakeAlexS

So do we have anybody here from NI. Please?? Sorry to be so insistent but enough is enough :)

12. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

I hadn't tested this again for a few versions, but have just tried again and don't seem to be able to reproduce any more...

Either I've missed a detail or there is slightly more to this than we thought.

I tested with Maschine 2.6 on Windows 10 64-bit out to three different virtual MIDI (loopmidi) ports on different channels sending different notes and then, on the same system, out to one virtual MIDI port, Maschine Jam, and Komplete Audio 6 MIDI output.
    Both were tested for >30 minutes without issue.

To users still experiencing this with Maschine 2.6, please state your OS and MIDI ports used when seeing the issue. Maybe we'll see if there's something we have missed.

And no, I hadn't applied the "fix" (as I don't need more than one MIDI port from Maschine in my setup anyway - I run everything out of on virtual MIDI port to MIDI Translator).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joca

Joca NI Product Owner

I appear to be able to use Machine to simultaneously sequence my Virus Snow and my Roland FA06 without any problems (multi channels on both devices).

I am on Windows 10 and have a MK2 controller. The Snow is fed MIDI via USB and the FA06 is fed MIDI via 5 pin DIN.

• Like Like x 1
  14. THE WIDOWMAKER

THE WIDOWMAKER NI Product Owner

i am on win 7 using a mk1 controller - not sure that makes any difference but i am sequencing just fine via usb and midi out to different locations, obviously as the usb goes via maschine software but the midi out goes straight to a midi interface, i have zero issues even when trying to send tons of data and pattern changes etc.

sorry if i have chimed in unnecessarily , is this purely a M studio and windows issue?

• Like Like x 1
  15. CakeAlexS

Please check the first two posts esp video. You should be using more than one midi out device and windows. It's unlikely to be the interface. Cheers.

16. THE WIDOWMAKER

like the attached?

Attached Files:

• midi.jpg
      midi.jpg
      File size:
      96.2 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. CakeAlexS

Seems like it...

18. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

I will give it a try later with 2.6. Usually one of the ports will drop within about 5 to 10 minutes if you have more than one active midi port. Would be weird if they fixed it and did not say anything.

19. THE WIDOWMAKER

cool - that's why i ask if it was a maschine studio issue, i don't have that and i wondered if it had a usb connection other than the one that drives the software.
    i am using the 5 pin midi out to drive hardware and that is selected on different pads as it's a different output going to diff locations/synths, also the usb out to drive other hardware VIA the maschine software and it's routing. i dont know if i am helping or not now but i will try and route more hardware via the usb on diff channels , i only have one 5 pin out on mk1 controller though so maybe i am wasting your / our time

20. CakeAlexS

Perhaps it is possible that it is fixed under Windows 10? @Mystic38 what OS version are you running nowadays? 64 bit I assume.