1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Massive X 1.3 (R176) Still no TouchScreen Mode (Wacom etc.)

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by el-bo, May 19, 2020.

1. el-bo

el-bo New Member

Hi!

As the title suggests: There is still no support for Wacom tablets, touchscreens etc.

I get that there must be a very long list of feature-requests, many of which will likely be of higher priority. However, given that this code is already in use in Replika XT, and no other NI plug is incompatible, it would seem to be an easy addition.

It's especially frustrating as MX was one of the main reasons for buying into Komplete. And I just can't use it. It's the most modern of the synths that i own, and the only plugin I have that is not compatible.

Are there any specific reasons why this is not just a quick fix?

Many thanks

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Priorities, priorities... Always a tricky thing to juggle.

Wouldn't you at least somewhat agree that updating the preset browser, or adding wavetable import are more tangible additions to MX, vs how many Wacom users there are? (Nothing personal, of course.)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. el-bo

el-bo New Member

Not taken personally, at all :)

As to your question: Well, that depends.

Of course, I can see that for NI and the majority of users, these so-called "tangible" additions are going to be a higher priority. However, the features you have noted are 'quality-of-life' improvements, without which the synth is still perfectly usable. In my case, without the functionality I'm requesting, the synth is unusable. Just the same, for most customers, improving a shop's appearance would be a nice touch, and a much higher priority than wheelchair access. But for the guy in the wheelchair, that access makes all the difference.

I'm not claiming to be hugely disable. However, in this context I am. After having both wrists operated on for carpal tunnel syndrome, about 15 years ago, I am unable to use a mouse. And while i do use a trackpad for light navigation duties, I've been dependant on a Wacom for this whole duration.

Ultimately, what I am requesting shouldn't even displace other additions. It's not like it needs a separate team of coders to take a few months working on a solution. The solution already exists. When Replika was first given as a freebie it also suffered from this issue. At some point (Was it with the release of XT, or after) NI provided a solution. Perhaps this is just my ignorance of coding, but would it really be so difficult to modify the code found in RXT to work in MX? Would it really mean putting browser refinements on hold?

Anyway, it was one of dour reasons for me to update to Komplete. Fortunately, the other three are working for me.

Cheers!

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

It depends on available development resources, backlog, and prioritization. In short - none of us can really know what's going on behind the scenes, we can only guess... While it might be easy to add it, it also might not, due to a myriad possible reasons...

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. el-bo

el-bo New Member

Please don't take this personally, as I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

However, the reason I'm posting here, instead of KVR or VI-C, is because I am trying to avoid speculation. I thought that I might be more likely to get something more concrete (Even if the answer was not what I wanted to hear).

It could be any of the reasons you posted. But it might even be, "Ah Damnit! I can't believe we forgot to add that...AGAIN!" ;)

And to clarify, again: I don't expect you to have the answer. Hopefully, just bringing this back to the foreground, it'll keep it in whomever's mind it needs to be kept in, for it to eventually be added.

Cheers :thumbsup: