MASSIVE X FEATURE REQUESTS

Discussion in 'MASSIVE' started by kristiaankristiaan, Jan 28, 2019.

1. kristiaankristiaan

kristiaankristiaan New Member

As a Cubase user I am a bit worried that Massive X possibly won't have pitchbend as a directly automatible parameter, that you can automate using bezier curves inside Cubase automation lanes. Otherwise, you have to use the clunky Cubase midi lane to automate pitchbend, which does not yet use bezier curves. This might be okay if you're Jean Michel Jarre, but not if you're producing today's bass music. There is apparently a workaround for this, but it's hardly ideal. I'm surprised that more instruments don't have this as a feature - Serum does - which is literally the only reason I haven't moved to Ableton yet. Pitchbend seems like the one parameter that you'd want to be able to automate really accurately and very often, but something like the new Pigments synth from Arturia, has a million automatible parameters inside Cubase, of which pitchbend isn't one! I emailed them about this and they said I have to use pitchbend inside the useless Cubase midi lane, which to me seems like a massive oversight in this day and age?

Then I would also like to see odd time signatures added to the performer section. It seems from the available screen shots that 5/4 is available, but no 7/8? People over at NI need to start listening to more djent ;) At the very least we need 3/4, 5/4, 6/8, and 7/8.

Lastly, if this thing doesn't have a dedicated sub OSC that can go directly out, but still share all of the volume automation of the main oscillators, then I won't be jumping ship from Serum anytime soon. I suspect that will be really important to a lot of users. One of the most important things in bass music production right now is to be able to split up your mid basses and sub bass, but still have them be perfectly in sync. Serum is great for this. One of the big reasons Serum is so popular, is because nobody else is catering so strongly to this side of the scene - bass house, D&B, trap, riddim, future bass, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luca80

Luca80 NI Product Owner

Program Change browser as the old massive has, because that technology is gold and important for livesets.
    2 to 4 separate out, o I can pre split signal to my FX (I prefer external FX, bass is a delicate matter).

In the routing I see a "monophonic" area, but it doesn't have a node, not a good sign...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kostas1

Kostas1 NI Product Owner

I don't have any requests. I'm just surprised a little bit by the user interface - is looking very good, but it's easy to get lost- for me, kind of. First look, anyway. It reminded me of Harmor interface-disorganization. But it's still better than Harmor i think, I can still see order. Old synths like Massive 1, FM8, Toxic Biohazard, just had a great user interface order.

4. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

upload_2019-6-3_17-12-35.png
    Thank you Philippe.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  5. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

Pitchbend isn't part of the VST host automation protocol, it's MIDI and it is a specific Cubase thing not to provide a dedicated automation lane for this (like e.g. Live). You can create that with a workaround, but this will only be available for Cubase Pro, if I'm not mistaken (check the Steinberg Cubase Hangouts on YT - it has been shown in one of these).

As it looks right now, the new Performer is way more capable than the original one, so I suppose, nothing to worry there - it can also serve to modulate pitch, just as this is possible with the original Massive. The same will probably apply to routing - one of the Massive blogs on this site stated it'll have probably the most flexible routing ever, so Massive had a direct out and it seems, it'll be possible with X as well.

I find the interface a tiny bit boring, yet I can see, that a lot is going on there, and it's quite difficult not to create a visual clusterf*ck (like Harmor indeed is). The visual workflow seems to have the same general direction as the original Massive does, which I like a lot (i.e. from left to right, modulators and settings at the bottom).

I'm wondering, if parallel filtering will be possible and Wavetable creation - but in any case I have no doubt, it'll eat Serum with a spoon. :D:D:D

6. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

I re-discover my old Albino 3 from 2005 yet. Dive deeper and realise very good results. No sampling!

• Like Like x 1
  7. realtrance

realtrance NI Product Owner

One small request from a long-time NI customer who currently cannot afford to replace his old MacBook Pro: a version that does not require AVX support.

Thanks,

rt

8. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

That one is most likely not happening.

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. AikiGhost

AikiGhost NI Product Owner

I wonder will Massive X have a fully scalable interface? Will I be able to have it take up one entire 27inch monitor in easy to read high-def while I have maschine on the other?

10. EvilDragon

It's scalable in 25% steps between 50% and 200%.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. wolb

wolb New Member

Request: Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 8.53.09 AM.png Click the numbers/letters to toggle on/off modules

12. EvilDragon

13. mgk

mgk NI Product Owner

I'd like mute/solo for the oscillators and on/off for the effects.

14. EvilDragon

Effects can be toggled on/off in Routing page (right-click them). Same thing for oscillators.

15. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

animated envelopes so you can see your envelopes..user sample import..vst3 support...some more free presets the ones we got on the whole arnt as good as other synths you've done they don't exactly show massive x off properly theres no really big wow preset.
    change the colour of each block so its easier to navigate and see what your doing..so for example the oscillator block could be blue ,noise colud be read or you could do it so each block could be user definable coloured.

16. mgk

mgk NI Product Owner

Thanks Evil Dragon. I found out this yesterday. :thumbsup: