1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Massive x

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by sameer, Sep 20, 2018.

1. sameer

sameer NI Product Owner

Dear developers,
    Very happy to see massive getting a new update. in the cost of introducing new software as a lot of great and I softwares have been ignored for a long time and this is a good sign to see that you are not going to push massivee in the Oblivion as well.
    Really looking forward to this update.
    Is there is any beta testing slots open I would love to sign up.
    Regards
    Sameer

2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

IMO Massive X is a parallel product of the Massive family - no update!

3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

It's definitely an update. Just like how Reaktor 6 is an update to Reaktor 5, they install side by side.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bjorne

Bjorne New Member

I dearly wish for MPE Support on Massive X (and all uppcoming instruments and synths, it's an officially accepted midi standard now.)

5. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

I don't own musical Hardware. So don't need MPE!

6. EvilDragon

You != many other people, though. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. jackn2mpu

jackn2mpu NI Product Owner

That's good to hear. Visited the Massive X page and clicked on the 'pricing' link and nothing happens. Any idea what the upgrade price will be for those of us who own the original Massive? I have no use for the rest of the Komplete 12 package at this point in time.

8. michaellpenman

michaellpenman New Member

lol

you = the world

9. EvilDragon

Well, no. That is not what I said. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. jackn2mpu

What did you say/mean? I'm guessing you meant to do something like 'not equals'. Of course you could have done it in plain-speak and not something I'd expect to find on a pyramid.

11. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

that'd be funny if Massive X turned out to be a fake product to get more people to buy Komplete 12, similar to what NI did with Maschine Jam's Song Layer

12. EvilDragon

It's not fake.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jackn2mpu

It Massive X is not fake then why aren't we seeing more of what it's about other than the very scant info on NI's site? Why not some audio or more info? If NI wants to build buzz for this then they need to do more.

14. EvilDragon

Sure, more info closer to February, definitely.

Also, 7:12 onward in this video.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jackn2mpu

Doesn't help one damned bit - there's what maybe 5 seconds mention of Massive X? Were you trying to be cute with this video link or what? If so it ain't working dude. Should have known better than to try and get a straight answer from you.

I mean we're not even getting a hint as to what the upgrade price would be from the original Massive. I know it's a free update if one buys Komplete 12 but there isn't anything in K12 that makes me want to spend money, especially given the fiasco that is Kontakt 6 and the deletion of the Database tab.

16. EvilDragon

Well it shows it ain't fake, so there's that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

at one point, NI released the beta that had Song Layer in it, by mistake, nearly 2 years ago.

18. jackn2mpu

And that's it. Like I said of NI wanted to drum up buzz about this they'd at least have some sound files up or even a couple of videos.

19. EvilDragon

So obviously they have a different plan, so what's the problem with that? I'm sure there'll be plenty of buzz in January.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jackn2mpu

The problem is it makes it impossible to plan out one's expenditures. January isn't good enough. At least NI could give us the upgrade cost from the original Massive - they can't even do that? Then again it's what typical of NI of late - they really don't care about their customers.