Metaphysical function

Discussion in 'Building With Reaktor' started by Sdiddy78, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Sdiddy78

Sdiddy78 Forum Member

is it just for reverse engineering purposes?

2. Moujik

Moujik NI Product Owner

3. Ruari

Ruari NI Product Owner

Here's a YouTube video of it in action, the video is showcasing a controller but the sounds are all Metaphysical Function.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3S9ymSWO0E"]Jazzmutant Lemur playing metaphysical function from Reaktor - YouTube[/ame]

4. arachnaut

arachnaut NI Product Owner

What does that mean? I doubt anyone is going to study the innards of MF.

It takes (at least) a few hours to learn how to use, perhaps a few days to understand the innards.

It is worth knowing how to program.

5. Jedinhopy

Jedinhopy NI Product Owner

Replacing all recordable faders with LFOs is a good idea.

6. Sdiddy78

Sdiddy78 Forum Member

Thanks but does anyone know how to use it cuz all i see is pressing buttons to see how they built it up and thats it

7. arachnaut

arachnaut NI Product Owner

Look at Reaktor Instrument Reference. It's in a section on Electronic Instruments volume 2.

The basic idea works from the bottom left and right to the center and then around the top.

On either side are some A and B oscillators that can be mixed various ways (including ring modulation) and automated in many ways. Most of the time only a few of these are on.

There is an additional sample that may be automated as well - the sample may move forwards and backwards, fast and slow.

Some of these things may be controlled by MIDI events and notes.

When a mix of A, B and the sample occurs the result passes through the top signal processors - an automated filter, a saturated distortor, EQ, some panning and resonator and reverb effects and so on.

Start with something simple and play with it, it will take quite a while to become proficient as it is unlike anything you are likely to have experience with.

More details will take way to long to write about - you really need to stick it out and dig in.

Don't bother to try to understand the inner structure until you figure out what to do with the various parts.

There are some modified forms in the user library, I made a few myself. I recommend listening to MF Auralis, I think I did a pretty job on the presets on that and that version has a few extra features not in the standard version (stereo paths, extra resonances, etc.)

Simon Stockhausen also has a very fine version for sale on his web site.

This is a difficult ensemble, but well worth getting to know intimately. It is capable of generating endlessly changing drones, rhythms, soundscapes and moderately complex sequences.

The presets (snapshots) for different versions are not necessarily compatible. Sometimes changing sample sets can yield interesting results without a lot of effort. But the automation might not work so well on samples of vastly different lengths.

I have a special love for this, it was the single most influential ensemble that sold me on Reaktor. The Auralis synthesizer was the second reason. MF Auralis is the offspring of that love affair.

8. Sdiddy78

Sdiddy78 Forum Member

i appreciate u taking the time out and writing all that man i learned alot

9. sampleconstruct

sampleconstruct NI Product Owner

My MF demos, almost 90 minutes of pure Metaphysical Function

10. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

11. Ruari

Ruari NI Product Owner

This is the website of the guy who made the video, he doesn't list that template but he has others for Reaktor.

Maybe try getting in touch with him to see if you can make a deal for it.

12. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Downloads are in Progress ..?

13. batonrouge

batonrouge New Member

Antonio has a new website which will be focusing on lemur. Expect to see some ipad lemur templates for reaktor instruments soon. He'll do MF at some point, but is doing some others first.

www.antonioblanca.com

14. Antonio Blanca

Antonio Blanca NI Product Owner

Yes, but they will be available soon, I just did many templates for legacy lemur, however I am reworking every template on Reaktor and Lemur programming, the list of templates that I going to release is:

- Lazyfish's SKrewell
    - JWH's L3
    - Spacedrone MOD (A mod I did from Martin's Spacedrone) [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH0Sp8NA9D0"]Jazzmutant Lemur Spacedrone MOD - YouTube[/ame]
    - Daliot's Lurker
    - Brinkmann Grainstates
    - Exile's Vectory
    - Lazayfish's Newschool including the Life sequencer (16x16);
    http://www.antonioblanca.com/lemurized-newscool
    - Rachmiel's | Devine Graincube

Once I have them ready , I will start working on MF and other own tools I have, I have a good prototype already for MF, however there are many controls on it, so making a template for it with a good navigation is a bit of work, in case I will post my progresses in my website.

The bad news, we couldn't to use these templates with any DAW :( they works under OSC, and it works in stand alone mode only.

Thanks, good weekend to everyone.
    AB
    ---
    right! thanks for posting ;-)
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Oh the Spacedrone one looks fantastic - I can hardly wait - thankyou Antonio

I presume these will all be resized for the iPad screen (I believe it is a slightly different size?)

16. Antonio Blanca

Antonio Blanca NI Product Owner

Hi Kymeia,

First of , I forgot to say, welcome to the lemur to everyone ;-)

Thanks for the kind comments,

Of course all templates will match with iPad screen resolution.

Cheers,
    Antonio

• Like Like x 1